***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
RFEA is looking for a highly motivated self-starter able to understand the challenges that vulnerable Armed Forces veterans face.
The applicant must be able to deliver advice, guidance and support in relation to the vocational aspect of the Veteran Wounded Injured & Sick (WIS) recovery pathway. The role is being delivered by RFEA on behalf of Help for Heroes (H4H).
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Carry out an individual assessment of a beneficiary’s vocational and employment needs and agree an action plan of relevant activities.
- Offer career guidance to enable a vocational development plan to be agreed (as an integral part of the Individual Recovery Plan).
- Work closely with the Grants Team – supporting beneficiaries on their application and tracking outcomes.
- Act as the Vocational Specialist for the H4H Career Recovery Programme.
- Act as the liaison point for key employability providers to ensure a cohesive and effective service, e.g. Career Transition and Partnerships (CTP Assist) and the Poppy Factory.
- Act as the liaison point for external organisations regarding vocational delivery at H4H – including corporates, charities, educational providers, funders etc.
- Evaluate the outcomes of client activity in line with the reporting requirements of H4H and RFEA.
- Provide a tailored careers service to enable beneficiaries to move towards their own career aspirations in accordance with their Individual Recovery Plans.
- Develop and maintain an active and broad network of other employability providers to ensure a joined up approach.
- Enable beneficiaries to access vocational courses available within the H4H Recovery Programme and equip them to successfully enter (or re-enter) the job market.
- Signpost to additional employment support from other charitable organisations.
- Access additional Government provided employment support through programmes such as Work Choice, Access to Work and providers such as Remploy.
- Ensure that all activities are accurately recorded on the H4H and RFEA systems and other reporting mechanisms.
- Act as the vocational lead specialist for H4H Recovery Programmes.