***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
RFEA the Forces Employment Charity is expanding our Military Women Employment programme. We’re seeking self-starters with a passion for supporting people to grow and achieve their goals. Knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity networks, and the ability to understand the challenges faced by women who’ve served in the UK Armed Forces is advantageous.
This role is home-based with a wide geographical reach so the location of the successful applicant can be flexible. As a Military Women Employment Advisor (MWEA) you will promote RFEA’s services, provide dedicated employment support to your case load of female Veterans, and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders and partners to maximise opportunities for your clients.
Do you have a record of delivering high quality results? Do you value excellent customer service? Have you got strong communication, presentation, IT, and organisational skills? Are you able to prioritise and maintain energy to go the extra for your clients to meet required KPIs and deadlines?
Empathy and appreciation of our Armed Forces community is essential. Must have clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car. NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance along with an understanding of the UK labour market, recruitment processes, and vocational training is highly desirable.
- Act as MWP and RFEA ambassador
- Promote RFEA’s support to Military Women directly on social media, at events including
- Employment Fairs and to charities to generate referrals and link into organisations working with
- Military Women (also returner programmes and female recruitment initiatives etc.).
- Be the representative for RFEA’s support to Military Women in the Midlands covering all counties south down to London.
- Develop our programme of support to Military Women including provision of Advice and
- Guidance, and the development and use of a Mentor Programme.
- Work the dedicated caseload and increase our understanding of specific barriers to employment experienced by Military Women and the wider support needed to overcome these barriers.
- Collaborate with our Employer Relationship Managers to ensure suitable routes into employment and opportunities that meet the aspirations of our Military Women.
- Manage cases and employment opportunities using RFEA’s CRM and Jobs Board systems.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges faced by them and their families in finding appropriate and sustainable employment.
- A desire to achieve through self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to build rapport, exercise judgement, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Driving licence and exclusive use of a car. There may be significant travel associated with supporting military women.
- Evidenced ability to provide effective case-working support to adults to achieve agreed aims.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and experience of using a CRM.
- A good understanding of the employment market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning and vocational training.
NVQ L4 in Advice, Information and Guidance.
Based in Birmingham, this role is 35 hours per week with a salary of £27,500 and many employment benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 21 February 2022. Interviews will take place in early March for immediate start depending upon required notice periods.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.