***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£26,000 – £27,500 per year
RFEA are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges more vulnerable veterans must overcome, particularly those who have entered the Criminal Justice System. This person will be home based (ideally in Hull) travelling extensively around the Humberside region to provide face to face support to veterans within their home locations and partner organisations premises.
Project Nova is a support programme for Veterans primarily identified in Police Custody but also with referrals from core police and partner organisations from within the community, it is focussed on early intervention, support and diversion at point of contact with the Police or partner organisation in order to prevent re-offending and a potential prison sentence. For the CFO programme, Project Nova is working in partnership with probation service staff and other partner organisations to provide specialist support for Nova clients.
The successful applicant for this role will have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong beneficiary focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills are essential along with mentoring and coaching. Experience & knowledge of the criminal justice system, local government agencies and the ability to develop a network of contacts are also required, along with a clean driving licence.
- Work as part of a team, together with Probation Service Staff and Lead Provider staff, was well as partner organisations providing specialist support.
- Work to identify and engage veterans with the CFO Programme
- Undertake needs assessments with each veteran and jointly develop their support plan.
- Deliver emotional and practical support to veterans working with partner organisations to provide specialist support for each individual as required.
- Work with the veteran to secure employment.
- Optimise the delivery of activities which are separately billed as part of CFO Programme.
- Ensure that all activity is recorded on the MOJ CATs system, or other system as required by the contract.
- Deliver any further activities reasonably required by the CFO Programme Manager, the Nova National Manager and RFEA The Forces Employment Charity.
- Empathy with and a good understanding of ex-forces personnel and the challenges they can face.
- Highly motivated and independent, capable of working remotely from their line manager.
- Resilient and able to work with individuals with complex needs and cope with the rigors that arise from working with veterans in the criminal justice system.
- Commitment to working with each veteran without prejudice and in an equitable manner, including those who are arrested for violent or sexual offences.
- Experience of working with people using a mentoring or coaching approach to engage and support the individuals we work with change their lives.
- Highly organised with strong IT skills and experience of using CRM systems.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent team players who will contribute to a diverse and dedicated team.
- Driving licence and use of own car.
This role is ‘Home Based’ around the Hull area and is offered initially on a one year fixed term contract, 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,500 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 19 February 2021. Interviews will take place in late February for an immediate start where possible.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhance DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting.