***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
TechVets is a non-profit established in March 2018 and now a programme within RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity. TechVets provides opportunities for veterans, Service leavers, reservists and their families to join our amazing community, to learn and train using leading resources and to receive valuable employment support.
We have created an online community of more than 3,170 members across 12 active regional hubs throughout the UK. This provides a safe community environment with like-minded tech-curious veterans to support them in transition/resettlement concerns, tech advice and support, learning and development as well as training collaboration, and local physical meetups to maintain their Military family. The community, growing at an average of c.100+ new members per month, offers to…
- De-bunk the resettlement and cyber/tech myths to improve decision making
- Provide pastoral support through a complex, challenging time
- Leverage expertise of those veterans who are experienced cyber practitioners
We are now seeking a motivated Community Lead, passionate about tech and the Military community, to join our small but growing TechVets team as we continue to deliver the UKs leading support for veterans and service leavers into information technology careers. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic disruptor reshaping the way our veterans and service leavers enter technical careers, and changing thousands of peoples lives for the better.
Is this role for you?
The online community is hosted on our Discord server but our community should be extended to the entire British Military community and for us to retain our community as the best throughout the word, we are seeking the right person to deliver the following:
Outreach to the Forces community
Conduct outreach activities to extend TechVets reach further and wider into the veteran and service leaver community and their families. This will help us to ensure that our services are accessible to many more that may benefit from enhanced digital skills or that may wish to pursue a pathway into an IT career and the benefits that can bring.
Support the development of the online community platform
The online Discord server is the home to our community and therefore it needs to provide an exceptional mechanism for support that our members deserve. The Community Lead will work with Director TechVets and the (volunteer) Discord Technical Support to enhance our community platform.
Coordinate & lead community engagement activities
Coordinate targeted activities within the community to improve the user experience, to enhance the interactive nature of our community forum, and to increase the levels of accessibility and engagement across the entire membership.
The Community Lead will collate the necessary data and provide regular reports to the TechVets Director. The Community Lead will be expected to verbally (virtually and / or physically) present results to TechVets Director as well as the RFEA Senior Management Team.
Ideally you have the following skills & experience…
- UK Military experience (any rank, any service).
- Experience developing, managing or coordinating an online community.
- Good understanding of the tech sector and information technology careers.
- Good technical knowledge with ability and passion to learn new systems with ease.
- Capable of working remotely to targets and deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and passionate about people and the military community.
- Effective team player but also able to self motivate and operate independently.
- Uses initiative and drive to navigate both internally and externally to achieve results.
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and works with pace.
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and willing to learn.
- Adept at using basic productivity software (ie…Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
It would be even better if you had the following skills & experience…
- Currently a TechVets member.
- Proficient user of Discord.
- Familiar with using CRM software.
- Familiar with basic project management software.
This is a full time fixed term contract working 35 hours per week until April 2023. You will receive an competitive salary of £28k-30k (depending on experience) along a generous annual leave entitlement and other benefits.
The role is remote based, however, candidates will be expected to travel to our Head Office in London and to other events around the UK as and when required.
Please apply with a CV and Covering Letter. The closing date for the position is 17 April 2022 with interviews expected to commence the following week.