***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Royal Engineers Association (REA) is the Regimental Association of the Corps of Royal Engineers. The original REA was founded in October 1912 under the name of The Royal Engineers Old Comrades Association. The Aims of the Association may be interpreted to be:
- To promote and support the Corps among members of the Association in the following ways:
- By fostering esprit de corps and a spirit of comradeship and service.
- By maintaining an awareness of Corps traditions.
- By acting as a link between serving and retired members of the Corps.
- To provide financial and other assistance to serving and former members of the Corps, their spouses, widows, widowers and dependants who are in need through poverty.
- To make grants, within Association Guidelines, to the Army Benevolent Fund and to other charities that further the objectives of the Association.
The motto of the Association is “Service – Not Self”.
The REA is currently recruiting for an Assistant Controller to join a closely knit team of four based in our HQ at Chatham, Kent. The Assistant Controller is the focus for REA benevolence activity, provides administrative support and assists the Controller in delivering the multifarious activities of the REA.
This is a varied role and a strong administrative background and solid interpersonal skills should be considered as key attributes. The ability to produce accurate and legible written material is essential, as is the ability to work accurately with numbers. Proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access is essential. A military background is highly desirable. Although the post is based in Chatham, travel to London will be required on a regular basis.