***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full Time: 37.5 hours
The Poppy Factory has an opportunity for an experienced and highly organised individual to provide and oversee administrative support to the CEO, senior managers and Visitor Experience team. Alongside office management co-ordination and engaging in governance issues, you will also liaise with key stakeholders including the Royal Household to successfully deliver high profile events including the annual Field of Remembrance and the Annual General Meeting.
This is an excellent opportunity to join The Poppy Factory as we enter an exciting period of change with a large-scale redevelopment of our Richmond site, whilst extending our activities to support disabled veterans into employment.
• An experienced Executive Assistant or office manager with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with high profile stakeholders?
• Someone who thrives on managing a varied and complex workload?
• Highly organised with excellent planning skills, experienced in successfully delivering high profile events?
• A creative problem-solver who understands the importance of asking the right questions, and is thoughtful and tenacious in working with others to identify a range of possible solutions?
• Able to respond to fast changing circumstances with flexibility, patience and efficiency?
• Collaborative and customer-oriented, with a hands-on approach?
The successful candidate for this role will have a sound track record of delivering high level administrative assistance, event management and front-of-house support in a busy office.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide competitive terms and conditions of employment including:
• Generous Company Pension scheme with double-matched contributions
• Company-paid life assurance
• Funding available for training and development as appropriate
• Reservists’ leave
How to apply
For the full job description and more information about the role, please download the candidate pack.
To apply for this position please prepare your CV including a covering statement clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification.
Closing date is midnight, Wednesday 8 May 2019.
No Agencies Please
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion within our workforce, including the volunteers who give their time to us. We work to maintain an environment where the needs and aspirations of all employees are met, irrespective of characteristics protected under the legislative framework of the Equality Act 2010. We expect everyone to understand and accept their personal responsibility to recognise and value differences and the unique contributions that people make to the way we deliver our work.
As an equal opportunities employer our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your covering statement if you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.