***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full Time: 37.5 hours
Home and Field Based
Salary: circa £35,000 pa
We have an exciting opportunity for a quality driven, professional and highly motivated individual to lead and manage regional team members in our established community based employability service.
Since 2010, The Poppy Factory has provided an award winning employment support service to veterans facing physical and mental health challenges across England and Wales. Demand for our service continues to grow and we are looking for someone to join our team and continue to take the service forward with the needs of former Armed Forces at the centre of what we do.
- An experienced manager who is keen to lead a motivated and established team?
- Passionate about improving the lives of our Armed Forces personnel after they leave service?
- Knowledgeable and experienced in delivering employment support services?
- Skilled at engaging, coaching and developing team members, championing high quality standards in order to deliver the best possible results for clients and employers?
- A collaborative worker, who is able to work closely with colleagues across the system to ensure service quality and strong governance?
- An effective communicator, experienced in networking and liaising with external agencies and partner organisations?
The successful candidate for this role will have a sound track record of effectively delivering employability services to people with mental and physical health problems, and will have excellent organisation, prioritisation and decision making skills. This role is home and field based so you will need to be self-motivated and comfortable with remote working and managing remotely, with the ability to maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Although currently 100% home-based due to Covid restrictions, owing to the extensive travel requirements of the position it is necessary the post-holder holds a full UK Drivers licence; has access to a car for work purposes and possesses comprehensive motor insurance cover suitable for business use.
- The position requires an enhanced DBS check.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide competitive terms and conditions of employment including:
- A generous Company Pension scheme
- Company-paid life assurance
- Funding available for permanent employees to study for the Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance & Development.
How to apply
To apply for this position please prepare your CV including a brief covering statement clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification.
Closing date is midnight on 13 January 2021.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Ian Waller, Interim Director of Operations on 07722 277799.
No Previous Applicants & No Agencies Please
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion within our workforce, including the volunteers who give their time to us. We work to maintain an environment where the needs and aspirations of all employees are met, irrespective of characteristics protected under the legislative framework of the Equality Act 2010. We expect everyone to understand and accept their personal responsibility to recognise and value differences and the unique contributions that people make to the way we deliver our work.
As an equal opportunities employer our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your covering statement if you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.