***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
(initially for 12 months with possible contract extension)
Location: RHQ REME, Lyneham (some travel may be required, some work from home considered)
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: 30 hrs per week (negotiable)
Salary: £31,250 FTE per annum, £25,000 pro rata
Closing Date: Monday 20 June, 12:00hrs
Apply by Covering Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary purpose of this role is to increase engagement of the REME Charity with veterans, primarily of the Afghanistan conflict. As such, you will work as part of a small, dynamic team, which engages with the wider REME Family. You’ll help plan and produce content for REME Charity digital communication channels and publications. This can include taking photos, creating videos, engaging with our audience and writing articles for social media or paper-based publications.
- Increasing interactive engagement with veterans from recent conflicts
- Inform the development of digital channels
- Organise face-to-face events
- Producing content with veterans, including:
- Filming video
- Recording podcasts
- Taking or sourcing photographs
- Collecting stories for paper-based publications, website and social media
- Collating blogs
- Attending and participating in REME Charity meetings, professional development reviews and training events
- Any other duties appropriate to the post, as required by the needs of the organisation from time to time
Knowledge, skills and experience needed for the job
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
|Veteran of the Afghanistan conflict and the REME Corps|
|Outgoing empathetic personality with good listening skills|
|Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team|
|Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative|
|Full UK driving licence and access to transport (with appropriate insurance)|
|Understanding of data protection and confidentiality principles with regards to images and personal information|
|Experience of interviewing people, potentially about sensitive subjects|
All staff members should:
- Undertake appropriate personal development and maintain and develop skills and knowledge as determined by the Professional Development Review process and in agreement with your line manager
- Monitor and maintain a safe working environment and working practices, at all times, and report any health and safety issues or risks to line managers
- Work as a positive team member, in accordance with the REME Charity’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policy and procedures.
- Behave in a professional manner at all times, reflecting and maintaining the REME Charity’s values, and generating a positive image of the REME Corps and Charity to all stakeholders.
- Adhere to all REME Charity policies and procedures to ensure these are maintained at all times.