***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Following internal promotion we are now seeking a Welfare and Grants Officer to join our busy office based at HMS Excellent, Portsmouth.
Accountable to the Welfare and Grants Manager, you will be responsible for receiving, responding to and prioritising welfare applications from individuals and organisations; maintaining your own caseload in line with the benevolence policy as well as tasking volunteers with home visits and casework. You will be working at the centre of a small and busy team.
This role provides the opportunity to make a real difference to individuals across the world who are part of The Royal Marines Corps family during their time of need.
- Good verbal and written communication skills together with an ability to demonstrate empathy and diplomacy
- Confident in dealing with a range of sensitive and emotive welfare issues which can include mental health challenges
- Methodical, diligent and having a keen eye for detail when collating information
- Ability to fully assess individual need at the point of referral (HARDFACTS)
- Capable use of IT systems, including case recording systems (CMS very desirable)
- Capable of prioritising own tasks while maintaining a busy caseload
- Able to remain calm when under pressure
- Knowledge and experience of welfare advice services including housing, benefits and debt and pro-active in keeping up to date with development in the social welfare field
- Knowledge/experience of the military and/or benevolence within the 3rd sector
- Able to work in a small team environment
While the role will be predominantly office based, there will be an occasional requirement to travel for training and to our second office at CTCRM Lympstone.
Working hours: 8.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday
Closing date: Friday 21st June 2019
Interviews: 26/27th June 2019
Ideal start: w/c 8th July 2019
Please Apply with with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.