***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£17,500 a year
Start Up Business Advisor
X-Forces, a social enterprise helping members of the military and emergency service communities, and their family members, to launch businesses through the provision of business advice, funding, and mentoring.
We have supported over 1,000 business start ups, via the provision of over £11,000,000 of funding.
The primary focus of the role is to assess funding applications received from our community, and to provide business advice, assisting them to secure funding and support.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Provide one-to-one advice and guidance, through either face-to-face, telephone, video conferencing or email
- Support applicants in creating and developing their business idea and articulating this within a business plan and financial forecast. You should be confident in analysing cashflow forecasts and be able to assess affordability and business viability in a highly effective manner
- Make funding decisions in accordance with our credit policy
- Work towards team KPIs and targets
- Participate in business start up workshops or boot-camps as required
- CRM record keeping to ensure all company records are accurately reflected
- Signpost clients to support organisations or military charities, who may be able to assist in their transition into self employment
- Provide weekly reports to the management team on case progression