***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: One year fixed term
Closing date: 26 February 2019
RFEA and Walking With the Wounded (WWTW) are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges more vulnerable veterans have to overcome, particularly those who have entered the Criminal Justice System. This person will work closely with the Police and Crime Commissioner’s office and the East of England Custody suites. The role is initially 12 months fixed term with potential to extend beyond.
Project Nova is a support programme for Veterans identified in Police Custody; it is focussed on early intervention, support and diversion at point of arrest in order to prevent re-offending and a potential prison sentence. Project Nova is jointly delivered by RFEA and WWTW and working in partnership with NHS Liaison and Diversion Teams in the East of England Custody suites and the community.
The successful applicant for this role will have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills are essential along with mentoring and coaching. Experience & knowledge of the criminal justice system, local government agencies and the ability to develop a network of contacts are also required, along with a clean driving licence. NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance along with a good understanding of the employment market and vocational training are highly desirable.
- Support the Nova Manager and Team Leader to create and maintain strong working relationships with referring organisations in the Nova Area, including the Police and NHS Liaison and Diversion.
- Receive details of referrals from the Nova Client Advisors, or directly.
- Engage with veterans following first contact.
- Register each Nova Veteran’s details on the CRM.
- Undertake a needs assessment with each Nova Veteran.
Support Network Referrals
- Establish a support plan with each Nova Veteran.
- Manage referrals for Nova Veterans to organisations in the Support Network.
- Once a referral has been made communicate to Nova Client Advisors when tracking should start.
- Work with Nova Veterans to ensure their effective participation in the Criminal Justice System.
- Work with Nova Veterans so that they engage with the support network.
- Re-engage with Veterans if follow up contact identifies issues.
- When the Nova Veteran is ready, develop their employability and suitable opportunities for employment.
This role is ‘Home Based’ around the Thetford area and is offered initially on a one year fixed term contract, 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,000 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply, click here.
The closing date is Tuesday 26th February 2019.
Interviews will take place in early March with an April start.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhance DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting.