|We have an incredible opportunity for an Area Fundraising Manager to join our team on a 24 Months Fixed Term basis.
Remote with travel London/SE/E region
Are you an experienced fundraising manager working across local community areas? Do you have proven experience of developing a pipeline and growing Community Partnerships? Are you passionate about working with supporters and volunteers? Are you someone that can inspire individuals and community organisations to fundraise for the charity? Do you have excellent communication skills to support relationship management.? Are you a self-starter who is able to develop and deliver a successful community fundraising plan?
About the Role
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced Community Fundraising Manager to join our ambitious and passionate team, who are driven to succeed to support our nation’s veterans and their families. In this role you will be responsible for acquiring and stewarding new and existing supporters in your local community to drive income. You will be regionally based. This is a fantastic role if you have passion for fundraising with community supporters and volunteers so that you can make a real impact to veterans and their families.
About the Team
You will be part of the Help for Heroes Community and Events Team, who work together to build support in the community to secure donations and build long time partnerships with community organisations / supporters and volunteers to deliver the annual Community Fundraising budget year on year. You will report to the National Senior Fundraising Manager and work collaboratively across the charity to drive income to support our veterans and their families.
At Help for Heroes, we believe those who serve our country deserve support when they are wounded. Every day, men and women have to leave their career in the Armed Forces as a result of physical or psychological wounds; their lives changed forever. We help them, and those still serving, to recover and get on with their lives.
And who are we you’re wondering? We are experts and beginners. Generalists and specialists. Ordinary people with an extraordinary passion towards making a positive change to the lives of our veterans (and having fun while doing it).
As One Team we share a philosophy – I.C.A.R.E. It’s the way we walk and talk, the way we interact with others and how we approach everything we do. We are: Innovative – Collaborative – Authentic – Resourceful – Energetic.
Build support in your region to secure donations and long-term partnerships with community organisations / supporters and volunteers to deliver the annual Community Fundraising (CF) budget year on year.
- Deliver agreed income targets and grow value of fundraised income in your area, through supporter retention and acquisition activity in line with overall fundraising strategy
- Forge excellent relationships with local communities and deliver first class stewardship journeys to drive acquisition and retention of supporters
- Create regional fundraising plans that increase fundraised income through acquisition and growth activities to meet income and other KPI’s ensuring all activities focus on at least ROI 3:1
- Work pro-actively across other departments to ensure CF is adequately represented with both internal and external customers
- Motivate and engage active volunteers in the region to support the achievement of CF budget
- Act as fundraising point of contact in your region
- Be a positive ambassador for Help for Heroes both internally and externally demonstrating a personal and professional style that enhances the reputation of the Charity and fosters respect
- Develop and implement community fundraising plans to deliver income budgets in accordance with the fundraising strategy, supporting all key national initiatives and ensuring a minimum of ROI of 3:1. Maintain focus at all times on activities that deliver increased income in a profitable way
- Identify and develop new business opportunities to grow value of fundraising in your area
- Support the development and retention of volunteers as appropriate, ensuring they are fully engaged and equipped to play their part in being active fundraisers
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal teams to ensure fundraising opportunities are maximised through cross functional working
- Build and develop strong relationships with all supporters, providing excellent and effective stewardship to optimise supporter loyalty and retention.
- Pro-actively contribute to continuous improvement of the community supporter journey, providing feedback to NSFM/PM
- Plan and forecast volunteer dependency in order to deliver local fundraising plans and work with the NVC to ensure availability.
- Contribute to establishing achievable targets, milestones and KPIs in line with the team plan
- Monitor and feedback on budget performance in your area, including variance reporting, keeping NSFM informed of critical issues and subsequent contingency plans
- Maintain and deliver financial and other reporting as required
- Work within legal, compliance & other frameworks including internal processes as directed by NSFM to ensure safe and legal fundraising
- Update databases and supporter information systems as required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years fundraising experience with a proven track record in income generation or strong commercial sales experience
- Experience of building and developing relationships across a range of supporters and delivering a high level of supporter satisfaction
- Experience of managing own workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Able to communicate clearly and assertively with people at all levels, and to develop and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to inspire and motivate different audiences through effective presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, often with changing and competing priorities and act accordingly
- Ability to think creatively to maximise opportunities
- Ability to assimilate and apply technical/legal information
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- High standard of numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to keep thorough, accurate and up-to-date records
- Able to take responsibility for delivering against financial and other objectives and monitor and evaluate fundraising plans
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Understanding of CRM (Client Relationship Management) systems
- Previous experience of working within the community fundraising sector
- Experience of working with volunteer.
- Experience of developing and implementing sales or income-generating plans in support of a wider strategy
Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Supporter-focused and the ability to build rapport quickly and to understand needs and expectations
- Positive, empathetic, patient, polite and friendly manner with ability to remain calm under pressure
- Displays the highest levels of integrity, confidentiality, and commitment.
- Responds quickly to changing demands and demonstrates strong skills in planning, prioritisation, and time management
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and have attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Ability to succeed when working in a range of environments and working cultures, with a range of personality types, adapting your personal style accordingly
- Drives and delivers results with minimal direction
- Analyses information quickly and communicates in a concise and articulate manner
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Demonstrates an ability to work as part of a team and be a flexible team player
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Aware of own development needs, open to feedback and continuous professional development
- Flexible re hours of work
- Content to be a lone worker, regionally based without direct supervision
- To have and maintain a valid driving licence
- Model our Values. We are:Innovative-Collaborative-Authentic-Resourceful-Energetic
Help for Heroes is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI).