Are you a military spouse or partner looking for a career that fits around your Army family?
The Army Families Federation (AFF) has teamed up with Digital Mums to offer military spouses and partners of Regular, serving soldiers, the chance to win a place on their Social Media Management course (usually £2,399 inc VAT) in April.
Enter via social media to WIN
The competition is live from 27 February to 8 March; to enter, simply look out for the Digital Mums post on AFF’s Facebook page and comment why flexible work, or #WorkThatWorks as Digital Mums calls it, is important to you.
Digital Mums is a digital education business that empowers women with flexible work, and AFF has worked for a long time to improve the employability of military spouses and partners and help them overcome the barriers to employment they can face due to their soldier’s service.
Balancing career and family
AFF Employment and Training Specialist Laura Lewin said: “We continue to receive feedback from spouses who tell us that the pressures of military life, in particular managing childcare, can make it hard to access employment and maintain a career while following the flag. Flexible opportunities such as this can help to boost spouses’ confidence and allow them to build a career around family life.”
The exclusive prize on offer involves a specialist, live learning methodology where you put your learning into practice with a live social media campaign.
#WorkThatWorks for your military family
Louise Martin wanted a job that worked better for her and her family. She said: “Since completing the course in September, I’ve set up my own business and gained a new confidence to talk about my job and what I can do to help small businesses improve their social media presence.
“I currently have five clients. It all fits in around our military lifestyle and even if we move again soon, I can take my work with me. No more leaving a job when we move around and my CV is full of great experience and skills, not just pages of jobs I’ve had for a short time, and didn’t enjoy!”
To be eligible for the course, you’ll need to be prepared to put in around 15 hours of training a week for six months. You’ll receive plenty of support from Digital Mums along the way, as well as from other mums who are all doing the training at the same time as you.
Discount for military families
Digital Mums is offering all military spouses and partners of Regular, serving soldiers, an exclusive discount on their Social Media Management course, bringing the cost to £2,000 inc VAT. To redeem this offer, use discount code ARMY18.
Find out more
Find out more about Digital Mums courses at www.digitalmums.com, where you’ll also find blogs and case studies to inspire you.
Full terms and conditions can be found at http://www.aff.org.uk/linkedfiles/aff/Digital_Mums_Competition-Terms_Conditions.pdf
To find out more about AFF’s work, visit www.aff.org.uk
Notes to Editor:
- The Army Families Federation (AFF) is the independent voice of Army families: Regular or Reserve, wherever they are based, whatever the make-up of their family.
- Throughout the UK and overseas, AFF works hard to achieve policy change and progress in favour of Army families; they offer advice and guidance on all aspects of Army life, confidentially and in an easy-to-digest way.
- They work with other agencies such as MOD, government, charities and other key players to strengthen their cause and fight for a fair deal for families everywhere.
- Their family-focussed website (aff.org.uk) contains information about all aspects of Army family life, and their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages offer families other easy ways to contact us, interact with us, or simply follow the work we are doing.
- AFF operates by four core values, which are pivotal to our work. These are:
- AFF always puts families first
- AFF can be trusted
- AFF is bold and determined
- AFF is inclusive
For more information about AFF’s work, contact Donna Bernard, AFF Comms & Marketing Director, at email@example.com