***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Do you want a role where you’re recognised for what you do, given the opportunity to thrive and have the chance to be the best version of yourself? Do you want to work with us in helping to create spaces that are great to work and/or live in? If so, please keep reading as you’re just what we’re looking for!
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our brilliant team whose ambition is to deliver on the promises we make to our customers. Interested in joining a great organisation with an employee offer and experience that rivals others, then this could be an opportunity you just don’t want to miss.
About the role….
An opportunity has arisen for the position of an Armed Forces Outreach Worker. Employed by Gateshead Council you will provide a service to the Armed Forces Community in Gateshead and be an integral part of our regional Armed Forces Outreach Service across the region.
We are seeking someone who has an understanding of the current issues facing the Armed Forces Community and their families and will have experience of either time spent serving in the Armed Forces or experience of working within an Armed Forces environment.
The working week is 22.2 hours part time. The post will require a mixture of remote homeworking and time spent in the office and will be a 12-month fixed term position from the commencement of employment date subject to review.
A bit about Gateshead Council…
The Armed Forces Outreach Service is an award winning service providing support, advice and signposting to the Armed Forces Community on a range of issues including housing, debt advice, rent and council tax arrears as well as assisting with funding for white goods, home furnishings, training or employment as a few examples of the support we offer.
We’re truly committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service and we need like-minded people who can help us deliver a sector leading service. We need people who want to make a difference, who are talented, possess the right knowledge and skills and who want the chance to demonstrate how good they are.
What’s in it for you? Well, there’s so much on offer and here’s just a few of the highlights!
- You’ll be paid a competitive salary plus additional allowances where relevant
- We’ll help you save for your future with an outstanding employer contribution to your pension of approximately 18.9% per year
- You’ll have access to great health and wellbeing support, including discounted membership to GO Gateshead Leisure Services and ability to use our cycle to work scheme
- You will receive a generous mileage allowance when using your vehicle for work purposes
- You’ll get a generous annual leave package per year and the chance to buy up to 10 additional holidays per year
- We’ll give you the chance to take advantage of various offers and discounts on shopping and household spend; including O2, Virgin Media and Dell
It’s time to apply!
We’re delighted that you want to come and work with us. Please take a look at the full job profile. It’s important that you read it in full and check that you meet the essential criteria, because when we start choosing people to come and meet us we’ll be checking to ensure that they meet the essential criteria as set out in the job profile.
Please apply via – Armed Forces Outreach Worker – Gateshead Council – North East Jobs, The deadline is 25 July 2023.
For an informal discussion or if you need any assistance, please contact Lisa McFadyen, Armed Forces Co-ordinator by email at email@example.com or on Tel 0191 4335444.