***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
- Agamemnon Housing Association (primarily royal navy/royal marines)
- Sheltered accommodation providing independent living
- Unremunerated trustee role based in the solent area
Would you like to join a team that is dedicated to providing high quality, affordable accommodation for older people, mainly naval veterans and families, in Portsmouth and surrounding area?
Our Trustees represent a cross-section of people with substantial and varied professional experience, often with a significant armed forces background.
We are now seeking new trustees to help us set our strategic vision, overseeing governance, operations and supporting our new CEO and experienced staff extend to our reach in the community.
As well as a genuine interest in sheltered housing and veterans’ welfare, we are especially keen to meet you if you can offer (or be prepared to acquire) knowledge in at least one of these areas:-
- Leadership or consulting experience in small to medium sized enterprises
- Financial and business acumen
- Awareness of the challenges facing the social housing sector and/or property development, e.g. climate change, an eco-friendly future, sustainability and the impact of digital technology
- A broad understanding of governance requirements (especially relating to charities) or the role of a Company Secretary
- An ability to advise and engage on physical and mental health matters for the organisation
- Experience in community engagement, internal communications, and the development of policies, procedures and behaviour that reflect the spirit and intent of the Armed Forces Covenant.
Trustees are appointed for an initial term of three years, followed by up to two further terms of three years. The time commitment need not be onerous – four Board meetings a year and an Away Day, plus the opportunity to serve on a sub-Committee or as an Ambassador to one of our six Housing Courts.
If you are interested in ‘giving something back’ to veterans who have served their country in the Armed Forces , please send your CV and a brief explanation for your interest to the Chairman, Roger.email@example.com by the end of July at the latest.
You can get more information about us from our website https://agamemnonha.org and by contacting the Chairman (023 9247 9639).