***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Alabaré are a charity supporting vulnerable, homeless and marginalised people. We help them transform their lives, providing accommodation and helping them gain the skills, confidence and opportunities to live fulfilled lives.
Alabaré are looking for a Finance Director to work full time in our Central Services in Salisbury. You will provide advice to the leadership team and Board of Trustees on financial, commercial contract and HR matters.
Benefits for a Finance Director choosing to work with Alabaré include;
- Full time annual salary £59,299.50 rising to £63,082.50 after a probation period.
- Contracted to work 37.5 hours per week.
- Monday to Friday, expectation of a minimum of 4 days a week in the office.
- Double time on nominated Bank Holidays.
- Excellent accredited training.
- Paid travel time during the working day.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Flexible working (where possible).
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Sickness allowance.
In return for this, we are looking for someone who has;
- To have a degree/qualification in Financial Accounting/Management e.g. FCCA/ICAS and be able to demonstrate skills and experience of accounting practice.
- Sound commercial experience
- To be able to strategically plan and monitor all financial matters, and implement plans to achieve continual improvement.
- To manage time effectively and deliver actions to tight deadlines.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to network and build professional working relationships with a range of people from relevant organisations, including professional financial bodies.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to prepare, communicate and present financial reports to senior management, Trustees, professional and public bodies and auditors.
- To be able to use IT software packages including Microsoft Office.
- To be able to lead, supervise a team of individuals, carry out appraisals and develop staff in line with the organisational objectives
- To demonstrate commitment to the principles of equality and diversity.
- To be confident about professional public speaking with groups of all sizes.
- Must be able to work outside of office hours.
- Full driving licence and access to a road worthy vehicle and business insurance.
Closing date for applications – 29 January 2024
Interview Date – Provisional date 1 or 2 February 2024
Alabaré are committed to ensuring the wellbeing and safety of all our service users, this includes developing, implementing and maintaining effective recruitment policies and procedures to promote the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Before commencing employment, the HR Department undertakes pre-employment checks on all applicants who have been offered a job with the Charity. These checks include an Enhanced DBS, which will be renewed every 3 years, the right to live and work in the UK, as well as two satisfactory references.
All staff will be required to complete training on Safeguarding Adults and Young People within their first week of employment.