***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Alabaré are a charity supporting vulnerable, homeless and marginalised people. We help them transform their lives, providing accommodation and helping them gain the skills, confidence and opportunities to live fulfilled lives.
Alabaré are looking for a part time Housing Support Worker for our Veterans service based in Salisbury. To assist the Service Manager and Senior Support Worker to develop innovate and effective practice relating to team building, service user involvement, key working and outcome monitoring as required internally and by the funders to support veterans to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
Benefits for a Housing Support Worker choosing to work with Alabaré include:
- Full time annual salary £22,093.50 rising to £22,600.50.00 after a probation period.
- Contracted to work 16 hours per week over 7 days with weekends on a rota (one in three).
- Double time on nominated Bank Holidays.
- Excellent accredited training.
- Paid travel time during the working day.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Flexible working (where possible).
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Sickness allowance.
In return we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of working in the supported housing sector.
- Experience of managing own professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system along with Health & Safety Legislation.
- Experience of working effectively with petty cash and financial procedures.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Ability to engage with Veterans who have complex needs and challenging behaviour.
- Basic administration and IT skills.
- Be a good team player and have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Car driver essential with access to a road worthy vehicle and business insurance.
Closing date for applications – 29th January 2024
Interview Date – 9th Feburary 2024
This is an excellent opportunity to begin your Alabaré career pathway.
Alabaré are committed to ensuring the wellbeing and safety of all our service users, this includes developing, implementing and maintaining effective recruitment policies and procedures to promote the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Before commencing employment, the HR Department undertakes pre-employment checks on all applicants who have been offered a job with the Charity. These checks include an Enhanced DBS, which will be renewed every 3 years, the right to live and work in the UK, as well as two satisfactory references.
All staff will be required to complete training on Safeguarding Adults and Young People within their first week of employment.
Remember, reporting bad practice is good practice
Please visit our website for more information on our benefits and to download an application form. www.alabare.co.uk/about/jobs
Please note you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret that we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,093.50-£22,600.50 per year
Expected hours: 16 per week
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 29/01/2024