***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Alabaré are a charity supporting vulnerable, homeless and marginalised people. We help them transform their lives, providing accommodation and helping them gain the skills, confidence and opportunities to live a fulfilled and independent life.
Are you looking for your next Challenge?
Due to the expansion of the Veterans Department in Wales, we are looking for someone who has a passion for homeless veterans to be our newly appointed Service Manager for South Wales.
We are looking for an experienced professional who can lead, work as part of a team, and proactively contribute to service development. We want someone who likes a challenge, wants to make a real difference in the lives of the veterans and will innovate to achieve this. Above all, we want someone who will be a champion for homeless Veterans in Wales.
Benefits for an Service Manager choosing to work with Alabaré include:
- This post is based in South Wales
- Full time annual salary, £30,868.50 rising to £34,066.50
- Working Monday – Friday with weekend and evening required when necessary and be part of the on call rota – to meet the needs of the service
- Excellent accredited training
- Government work place Pension
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible working (where possible)
- Refer a friend scheme
- Sickness allowance
In return for this, we are looking for someone who has:
- A passion for homeless Veterans
- You must be currently resident in Great Britain
- You must have the right to work in Great Britain
- You must be confident to lead and work as part of a team and on your own
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be friendly and well organised with an excellent work ethic.
- Car driver with access to a road worthy vehicle and business insurance.
What would I be doing as a Service Manager at Alabaré?
- The post holder is responsible to lead, manage and coordinate the accommodation and structured support pathways for veterans who are homeless with support needs and develop local community engagement and working partnerships with other agencies.
- The pathway for veterans as outlined in Operation Fortitude delivery. This will include floating support when veterans move on to the most appropriate accommodation.
- The manager will provide supervision and support to staff and volunteers to ensure staff are supporting veterans in transitioning them into the most appropriate accommodation.
- Work with the veteran’s administrator to assess and allocate referrals to void bed spaces. Regualrly visit properties in their region.
- Work with the Operations Manager.
Alabaré are committed to ensuring the wellbeing and safety of all our service users, this includes developing, implementing and maintaining effective recruitment policies and procedures to promote the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Before commencing employment, the HR Department undertakes pre-employment checks on all applicants who have been offered a job with the Charity. These checks include an Enhanced DBS, which will be renewed every 3 years, the right to live and work in the UK, as well as two satisfactory references.
All staff will be required to complete training on Safeguarding Adults and Young People within their first week of employment.
Remember, reporting bad practice is good practice.
Closing date for applications: 15 January 2024
Interview date: 25 January 2024
If you would like an informal chat or more information, please contact James Cadmore on 07887532304 Monday to Friday