Alabaré require a full time Social Enterprise Manager to work 37.5 hours per week
Annual salary based £35,344.00 rising to £37,011.00
Closing date is the 22 October 2021
Alabaré offer great benefits for our staff including Excellent accredited Training, Pension, Cycle to work scheme, paid travel time during the working day, generous annual leave allowance, flexible working (where possible) “refer a friend to work paid scheme” Sickness allowance, subsidised gym membership and more.
Please visit our website for more information on our benefits and to download an application form www.alabare.co.uk/about/jobs
All applicants are required to complete an application form and submit a covering letter.
Alabaré is a National Charity, supporting those who have been homeless, whether young people or ex-Armed Forces, through to independent living. In Wales we have created an exciting opportunity to focus on the incubation and growth of innovative businesses to provide opportunities for ex-Armed Forces Personnel to re-train and gain employment as well as provide income for the expanding Charity. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social justice and driven in business to develop the social enterprises across Wales. Currently running mobile catering units in North Wales, and across the north and south embryonic businesses using the outdoor environment as means to create income, we are looking for someone who is creative, innovative, willing to take risks and try new ideas, and able to think strategically in business.
We are a people-first charity who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs with a heartfelt desire to reduce food waste or have compassion and desire to see an end to homelessness in our ex-Armed Forces Community, our mission is to enable businesses that give training and employment and generate vital income for a growing Charity.
The Social Enterprise Manager for Alabaré Enterprises, will head up a new department within the charity, overseeing small and emerging businesses in North and South Wales. You will need to be developing strong, long-lasting partnerships with likeminded Charities supporting ex-Armed Forces Personnel and create and deliver a strategy for business growth. The successful candidate will secure the investment required to deliver high performing and financially viable programmes, ensuring that this work is tailored to the needs of the charity. The candidate will be tasked with achieving measurable outcomes that are aligned to the Social Enterprise’s strategy and programme of work, spanning a range of education tools for existing operators, and focusing on exciting, future-facing new projects encouraging wider diversity of opportunity across the industry. You will be able to confidently lead and collaborate closely with our senior managers and delivery team to ensure the smooth running of the Social Enterprise. They will work closely with a Steering Group to oversee all strategic priorities, company development, implementation and planning. Most importantly, the successful candidate will crave to be part of a charity-wide transformation project of Social Enterprises, having the ability to promote Alabaré’s values throughout. The successful candidate will be articulate, have experience in securing public and private sector income and have experience/knowledge of the third sector.
Alabaré Enterprises, social business is an emerging development for Alabaré and as such has a feel of a dynamic ‘start up’. The role involves further developing the existing embryonic enterprises whilst identifying potential gaps within the business sector within regions in Wales with aim to develop small social enterprises around the Homes for Veterans in Wales. The core aim is to create opportunities of training and employment for the ex-Armed Forces personnel who are living within the supported accommodation whilst ensuring an income generation directly back into the support and training for the residents.
Social Enterprise Development
- Build the existing social enterprises from embryonic through to profitable businesses creating opportunities of replication throughout Wales ensuring that a network of small businesses ensures a profitable income for the charity
- Identification of potential new opportunities, looking at an innovative and flexible approach to building social enterprises in Wales
- Connect with businesses within localities in South and North Wales identifying and creating corporate sponsorships to further develop the work and fund the enterprises
- Identify and secure additional funding to ensure longevity of the social enterprises, identifying wider sources to sustainable income
- Play an active role and share corporate responsibility for the development of the operational strategy of creating social enterprises
- Connect with the Military, Reservist and Veteran community to develop effective partnerships in developing employability opportunities
- Work in partnerships with the Homes for Veterans and their Team Leaders to create volunteering and employment opportunities within the social enterprises ensuring that Veterans are fully involved in the development and delivery of the enterprises
Monitoring and Reporting
- In capacity as a senior manager within Alabaré ensure Alabaré Enterprises are delivering against key performance targets and contributing to the change agenda across the Charity, creating income and opportunities for clients
- Take responsibility for the monitoring and reporting against the set key performance indicators for the project reporting back to the funder as required
- Providing regular reports for the Leadership Team, CEO and Trustees as required
- Work in collaboration with colleagues to develop excellent relationships with key stakeholders such as local and regional businesses, other charities, and voluntary sector groups
Governance and Quality
- Support the development and implementation of quality standards ensuring that service users are given the best possible care and support with the best possible outcomes
- Ensure that the highest standards of Corporate and Operational Governance are maintained across the services within remit
- Ensure that all risks are appropriately identified and that they are managed to reduce harm to service users, staff or charity reputation
- Use a variety of communication tools to maintain and expand communication channels with staff, service users and partners
- Maintain effective communications with Senior Managers and Team Leaders to ensure a shared vision in delivery of social enterprises
- Work with the Fundraising team to ensure that the social enterprises are in line with the Charities fundraising and income generating strategy contributing appropriately to fundraising plans and activities
- Work with the Marketing team to market the Charity’s services to both service users and the business sector
Skills and Qualifications
- High Standard of Education or can demonstrate qualification by experience
- Proven experience and knowledge of setting up and or delivering a business or social enterprises
- Proven knowledge and experience of the needs of vulnerable and marginalised people and appropriate services to meet those needs.
- Experience of managing financial budgets
- Proven competence in resourcing strategies and workforce development
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others and generate innovative idea
- Proven record in delivering high performing services and championing continuous improvement
- Proven record of developing and maintaining effective relationships within the sector to achieve results
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Pro-active networking skills
- IT Literate
- Access to own vehicle
- Passion for understanding the needs of people
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Inclusive team player, performance driven and able to take a charity wide approach
- Flexible thinker, self-sufficient
- Confident and organised
- To reflect and foster the Christian values of the Charity through commitment to organisational aims and values
- Ability to work productively in a high pressure environment
- Positive attitude to self-development
- Experience of working within the Military or Veteran community
- Report writing
- Knowledge of government agenda for housing and care
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and across agencies, involving partners in the successful delivery of services
- PowerPoint presentations
- Welsh speaking
- Ability to analyse and present complex issues
- Able to work across boundaries
We reserve the right to ask you from time to time to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role. The job role as described will be reviewed from time to time and where necessary be amended. The Job Description also forms the basis at annual discussion of the Appraisal Programme.