***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Armed Forces’ Christian Union are seeking a highly motivated, prayerful, experienced Operations Director to join the executive team in Shrivenham. He/she will oversee the strategic implementation and maintenance of all AFCU operations at a critical time in our growth and development. This person must be a mature believer with a vibrant Christian faith. He/she will have relevant experience in HR, finance, leadership, management, policy, data systems and networking along with an excellent understanding of the military and charitable context.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Promoting and assuring a safe, secure and resilient working environment, compliant with relevant regulatory standards
- Leadership and line management of AFCU staff
- Supporting the Board of Trustees (BoT) in the creation, maintenance and monitoring of the Strategic and Operational objectives.
- Operational management of the AFCU, proactively leading activities to ensure optimum performance and resolve internal issues
- Delivery of management information, analysis and insights on AFCU business to inform timely decisions and to contribute to formal performance reporting.
- Enabling AFCU governance by ensuring:
- Appropriate implementation of control and assurance systems.
- The development of assurance/audit plans and continuous improvement initiatives arising from feedback or internal audit recommendations.
- A clear understanding of the risks (business, safety, security, resilience) within the AFCU and ensuring that they are managed and mitigated at the most appropriate level and, where necessary, escalated to higher levels.
- The development, communication and assurance of business continuity plans.
- Additional governance responsibilities formally delegated by the Lead Director or BoT.
- Ensuring the AFCU is delivering to its optimum, implementing AFCU’s policies by:
- Conducting assurance and sponsoring audit activities that are prioritised and proportional to the AFCU’s strategy, business plan and risk.
- Communicating tactical and strategic business priorities to other Military Christian Organisations and other strategic partners.
- Ensuring the AFCU’s web and media presence is maintained in line with Media Committee guidance and sector best practice.
- Implementing asset management processes.
- Ensuring AFCU meets response requirements to questions relating to Data Protection or Freedom of Information.
- Creating a positive working environment which aligns with AFCU values, supports diversity and enables staff to excel.
- Maintaining a highly visible presence and engaging with staff across the AFCU.
- Enabling and driving business change by:
- Creating and delivering local business change plans as required by the AFCU Strategic and Operational objectives.
- Networking to identify, agree and implement good practice and change initiatives across the AFCU.
- Horizon scanning for sector initiatives and future issues.
- Developing future resourcing and infrastructure plans.
- Plus additional responsibilities and accountabilities as agreed with the Lead Director and BoT.
Terms of the Offer:
- The minimum enduring requirement is for 3 days per week, with the option of raising this to 5 days per week in the first year.
- A range of employment options can be considered, including part time, compressed hours, term time working, and job share. A fixed term contract (minimum 1 year) will also be considered.
- Although this is a salaried position, candidates who would be prepared to work in a voluntary capacity are also welcome to apply.
- Salary – £30,000 per annum for full time (37.5 hours/5 days a week). 3 days would be pro rata.
- Travelling expenses on AFCU business are admissible in accordance with the expenses policy.
Applications to include a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a covering letter or personal statement.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Midday 25 February 2019
Interviews week beginning: 4 March 2019.
Please contact the office for more information email@example.com or 01793 783123.