***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
About the role
The Operations and Engagement Director is a member of AFF’s Executive Management Board (EMB). Working with the Chief Executive, Director Finance & Governance, and Director Policy & Research, this role delivers both day to day management and strategic direction to a 44-person strong charity, based in the UK and overseas.
Specifically, the Operations and Engagement Director has responsibility for:
- working with the Chief Executive and EMB to provide effective leadership in the development and delivery of organisational strategy and operational plans;
- leading the regional-based team responsible for engagement with families, regional chain of command and local stakeholders (such as local authorities);
- oversight of the development and delivery of a communications strategy that supports effective engagement with Army families, and stakeholders.
- delivering BAU for AFF, including workforce planning and support, technical infrastructure and business processes.
This post offers the opportunity of flexibility in terms of hours and location. We are looking for a minimum of 30 hours per week, with the ability to combine working in the AFF office in Andover together with working from home. We ask our staff to work their weekly hours Monday – Friday within normal office hours.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will demonstrate from their employment history the ability to manage multiple work-strands and to prioritise effectively in support of business priorities, will have excellent people management, leadership and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record in developing and delivering operational plans. Experience of working within a senior leadership team is essential.
All our staff have an understanding and current knowledge of Army life and its impact on families and a keen interest in the welfare and quality of life for Army families.
A full list of the skills and experience we are looking for can be found in the Job Description on our website: www.aff.org.uk/jobs
AFF welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For further information
Please visit our website at www.aff.org.uk/jobs to read our full advertisement and information for applicants and then complete an application form.
Any enquiries about the vacancy can be directed to the HR Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing, interview and start dates
- Applications should be submitted by 5pm, 19 July
- Interviews will take place in the week commencing 26 July
- This role is vacant and is to commence as soon as possible.