***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are looking for a talented and experienced Operations and Engagement Director to join our leadership team, and work with us to deliver day to day management and strategic direction to a 44-strong team of staff who are based in the UK and Overseas.
With an opportunity to combine office-based working in our Central Office in Andover with flexibility to work from home, this full-time role would suit an experienced manager with a track record of delivering people-focussed operational support. As a small charity covering a broad range of issues, we work in an agile and flexible way, and the ability to engage and communicate effectively is key.
About the role
The Army Families Federation is an independent charity which works to improve the quality of life for Army families. We do this through providing information and guidance to families, and through gathering evidence to support change to policies and service provision.
The Operations and Engagement Director is a member of AFF’s Executive Management Board (EMB). Working with the Chief Executive, Director Finance & Governance, and Director Policy & Research, this role delivers both day to day management and strategic direction to a 44-person strong charity, based in the UK and overseas.
Specifically, the Operations and Engagement Director has responsibility for:
- working with the Chief Executive and EMB to provide effective leadership in the development and delivery of organisational strategy and operational plans;
- leading the regional-based team responsible for engagement with families, regional chain of command and local stakeholders (such as local authorities);
- oversight of the development and delivery of a communications strategy that supports effective engagement with Army families, and stakeholders.
- delivering BAU for AFF, including workforce planning and support, technical infrastructure and business processes.
- being the AFF lead on the Forces Families Jobs employment platform, which is run in collaboration with the Naval Families Federation and RAF Families Federation.
Further information and how to apply
The post is full-time (37.5 hours per week) with an annual salary offered between £38,000 – £40,000, depending on qualifications and experience. This role is likely to be both office and home-based whilst COVID-19 restrictions remain in place, with scope to work flexibly between home and the AFF office in Andover as restrictions are lifted. Travel to locations in the UK (and possibly occasionally overseas) will be required in the longer term.
A full list of the skills and experience we are looking for can be found in the Job Description.
Please visit the AFF website for the full Job Description and the opportunity to apply – applications are only accepted using our AFF Application Form. https://aff.org.uk/jobs/
AFF welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Any enquiries about the vacancy can be directed to our HR Team via email@example.com
Closing, interview and start dates
- Applications should be submitted by 5pm 4 May.
- First-round interviews will take place in the week commencing 10 May with the Executive Leadership Board. Second round interviews will be held with Trustees in the week commencing 17 May. All interviews will be held via online live video link (candidates will need access to appropriate equipment to enable them to take part in interviews).
- The start date for this post is late May/early June 2021 (we may be able to flex slightly on the start date).