***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
JOB TITLE: Membership Secretary and Communications Manager
REPORTING TO: ASDIC Chief Executive
LOCATION: RBLI Village, Aylesford, Kent (near Maidstone)
HOURS: Part time, 20 hours/week, 1000-1500 Monday to Friday, £23k FTE
ASDIC is a young but evolutionary organisation, reaching across the entire tri-Service veterans’ sector to link the growing number of voluntary Drop-In Centres in the UK. We aim to use our small team to stay in contact with our members, offering guidance and support, sharing all pertinent information, improving efficiency and effectiveness for the wellbeing of all veterans in need, and gathering and correlating data about real-time and unmet need to feed into the data requirements of the veterans’ welfare sector and beyond. ASDIC also acts as the representative voice for this community, liaising with national authorities and statutory bodies.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
To support the ASDIC membership structure, keeping in touch with members, canvassing for and welcoming new members, and keeping records up to date.
To use your knowledge and experience to manage ASDIC’s communications and marketing platforms, maintaining and building relationships with other supportive organisations.
To contribute to the development and maintenance of ASDIC’s relational database, including data gathering.
To use your general administrative skills to manage the routine business of ASDIC and its office, including liaison with RBLI staff and event planning.
- To receive membership applications and make initial assessments against laid down criteria. Make recommendations to the Chief Executive for acceptance, having made enquiries as appropriate.
- To process successful applications with a welcome email, adding the entry to the website directory and the contact database.
- To advise Veterans Gateway of new members.
- To be the first point of contact for member enquiries and queries.
- To maintain contact generally with the membership as a whole, and record feedback.
- To contribute to the continual improvement of membership benefits.
- To update and maintain the ASDIC website (in WordPress), liaising with the current web host provider as necessary.
- To add news items and stories to the website as appropriate, keeping the pages current and fresh.
- To manage the password protected members area (to be developed) of the website
- To collate material for ASDIC’s quarterly newsletter PING!
- To generate Mailchimp circulars as required.
- To exploit the use of social media to maximum effect, using Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, ensuring a presence which increases knowledge of ASDIC, allows good news stories to be shared, and keeps the community informed of events and opportunities that are relevant.
- To stay abreast of all social media and publications in the sector and to scan and decide on those relevant articles and information that could be of use to Drop-In Centres.
- To maintain ASDIC brand guidelines and other marketing material, ensuring that all communications adhere to a consistent presentation and voice.
- To generate and nurture liaison with partner organisations, other support agencies or charities, and individuals, including Cobseo and Veterans Scotland.
- To contribute to the further development of the ASDIC database.
- To assist in the development of data gathering.
- To conduct periodic member surveys.
- To collect and maintain database records as required.
- To manage the ASDIC office, providing administrative support to the charity as a whole, Management Team and Board of Trustees.
- To maintain filing systems, both physical and digital (SharePoint), in a confidential manner adhering to appropriate security and GDPR guidelines.
- To act as ASDIC’s first point of contact, taking and directing telephone calls as required and answering general email enquiries.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with key support staff in the RBLI Village.
- To assist in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures for the efficient management of the charity.
- To maintain and update the ASDIC Asset Register.
- To maintain staff records, including leave, as appropriate.
- To assist in the planning and organisation of visits, events, conferences and meetings as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will have a working knowledge of the following IT tools:
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite, including the use of SharePoint and Teams.
- Zoom virtual meetings
- Mailchimp circular generation
- Salesforce (or Hubspot) databases
- WordPress website content management
You will have a thorough understanding of and experience in using key social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
You will possess empathy for the aims and objectives of the charity and of the veterans welfare sector, and have first hand knowledge and understanding of Services life.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, be at ease with written communications and possess natural organisational qualities.
You will be self motivated and happy to work alone or as part of a team, taking the initiative and making decisions in your own area of responsibility.
You will be keen to adapt and grow as a team member as the charity evolves.
You will ideally have some experience of the charity sector.
If you would like to work for ASDIC and have the skills needed for this role, then we would like to hear from you.
Please visit our website to learn more about our organisation: www.asdic.org.uk
To apply please submit your CV together with a personal statement saying why you are the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are recommended. We hope to appoint an individual by July 2021, but may do so sooner for an exceptional candidate.