***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are seeking to appoint a UX Designer who will lead on the user experience (UX) design of BFBS digital products and platforms. With proven experience as a UX/UI designer, you will have a passion for delivering flexible and creative solutions to UX design challenges. In this role you will be supported by a fantastic collaborative team and have the opportunity to get involved with a wide range of product offerings.
About the Company
BFBS is a not-for-profit corporation and registered charity with a 70-year heritage, providing Radio and TV to Britain’s Armed Forces and their families around the world. Broadcasting under the BFBS and Forces brands, its mission is to “serve those who serve”, by providing a vital welfare service which maintains efficiency and morale in all three Services.
Operating under a long-term contract with the Ministry of Defence (MoD), BFBS’s worldwide network of 30 radio stations and 16 TV channels has studio centres in eight countries and a global transmission network covering 16 time zones. It is responsible for the entire end-to-end broadcast system, from programme acquisition and original production to end-user delivery to barracks, homes and Navy vessels at sea.
BFBS also operates a number of related armed forces welfare businesses including digital cinemas, a UK national TV station, UK national radio station, library, and production services.
About The Department
The Product team is a central team within BFBS covering product design and development, data, insight and audience research. We draw on data, research, and best practice to deliver user-centred products and services.
About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Product, your role will touch on all aspects of our varied digital product and platform portfolio, including our websites and apps.
Key Responsibilities & Prerequisites
• You will bring knowledge of best practice in UX to help create enjoyable, impactful user experiences.
• You will work across multiple teams to understand the user and business problem we need to solve and propose elegant solutions
• You will take part in and help organise user research and testing and will use analysis and data appropriately to segment audiences and inform decisions
• You will have the opportunity to bring fresh approaches and innovative ideas to the table.
• You will ensure that our products and services are optimised for a great user experience and accessibility wherever possible
• You will work across the organisation with stakeholders and colleagues from all departments, collaborating with strategy, content, and technical teams.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• Experience of UX design across all stages of the product development process, from low-fi concept sketches, through personas, user journeys, prototyping and usability testing.
• Comfortable working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, guiding them through workshops and exploring requirements
• Understand the importance of user-centric design and audience research
• Be able to design for MVP with future requirements in mind
• Ability to present your work and discuss the rationale, backed up with data where possible
• Knowledge of design and prototyping tools eg, but not specifically, Figma, Adobe creative suite, Axure, Sketch
• Several years’ experience in a UX design related role
• Knowledge of SEO
• Solid understanding of web design
• Knowledge of Information Architecture across digital products.
Life at BFBS
BFBS is a charity and media organisation with a mission to entertain, inform, connect and champion the UK armed forces, their families and veterans.
We strive to be a diverse and inclusive employer, welcoming open-minded, talented and creative people from all kinds of backgrounds, and with different preferences and experiences. What we all have in common is a commitment to trust, quality, innovation and going the extra mile to achieve our mission. It’s a great place to work, with a unique mix of a charity, broadcast and digital creative environment.
As an organisation, we have lived and worked with the military community for over 75 years, and we are incredibly proud of our roots.
Our radio, TV and digital channels boost the morale of the armed forces serving overseas – and their families – keeping them connected with home, while our agile distribution solutions are tailored to each local environment and infrastructure, providing media services wherever the armed forces are overseas.
Across a growing number of platforms, our captivating military storytelling is popular with both the armed forces community and curious civilians. And our creative, training and events services offer award-winning expertise and skills to defence and government.
We are an equal opportunities employer who actively encourages people from all cultural backgrounds and with disabilities to apply.
To apply, please send your C.V and a covering letter telling us why you fit the role and please state your salary expectations too, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you please also complete the Equality and Diversity Information Form provided on our website and return it as part of your application.
This advert has no close date, we reserve the right to close it at any time and interview candidates as and when they apply, therefore, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as they see the advert. Thank you.
We thank you for your interest and application. We can’t guarantee to be able to respond to all applicants, therefore, if we do not contact you within 28 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful. Please look out for other opportunities on our website http://jobs.bfbs.com