***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Activities Executive role will play an important part within Blesma as part of a small dynamic team that delivers a stimulating sporting and social activities programme to enhance Members rehabilitation and well-being.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a personable, organised and committed individual to join an inspiring organisation and make a real difference in the lives of our beneficiaries.
Main purpose: As part of the Activities Team, deliver an effective programme of sporting and social events, putting the well-being of Blesma members at the heart of everything we do
Location: Work out of Blesma offices – Frankland Moore House, 185-187 High Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, RM6 6NA
Responsible to: Members Engagement Officer (MEO)
Salary and Benefits: Up to £24,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
Equal Opportunities: Blesma is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this is expected.
Blesma offers a contributory pension scheme – employer’s contribution of 5% and a suggested employee’s contribution of 5% and a Death in Service insurance benefit equal to 1.5 times annual salary.
Full details of Conditions of Employment are set out in Blesma’s Employment Contract, the main features of which are standard for all staff.
We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. Blesma encourages a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. With an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Work with the Activities Manager and MEO to ensure effective delivery of the Blesma programme of sporting activities and social events.
- Help ensure the Member experience from application and selection through to participation and feedback on events is efficient and friendly
- Look for opportunities to develop the existing programme of activities and events to take into account the emerging sporting and social needs of Members and their families, including national and local activities
- Work closely with other providers of activities for injured Service Personnel and disabled people with a view to facilitating participation by Blesma Members in safe programmes
- Engagement and liaison with Blesma Support Officers, appointed event leaders, administrators and instructors
- Publicity lead for activities, liaising with the Blesma communications team
- Develop a solid understanding of the priorities of Blesma and its standards and values
- A preparedness to work outside of office hours with occasional UK travel, involving some weekend work
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Activities Manager or MEO.
To apply, please send in a CV and covering letter to Ian Waller at email@example.com.
The application deadline is 30 November with interviews in the first week of December.