***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Blesma exists to assist limbless Veterans to lead independent and fulfilling lives. Our vision is that limbless Veterans are not failed, forgotten or left to fend for themselves.
We realise this ambition through:
- Individual welfare programmes in local communities across the UK
- Advocating at all levels on behalf of our Members
- Offering residential and convalescence care for our most disabled and infirm
- Delivering an annual programme of amputee-supporting-amputee activities with one Member helping another. Our programme of ambitious, challenging and enjoyable activities are a cornerstone of wellbeing for many Members.
To support Blesma Members in the designated Area of responsibility by providing a welfare visiting service.
The Area comprises Wales, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.
Main accountabilities of the post
- Assist Members to obtain all the assistance to which they may be entitled from statutory sources, such as Benefits and Allowances from the DWP and Veterans UK and care services from the NHS and Local Authorities.
- Promote the mobility and independence of Members through the provision of disability and mobility aids either through statutory sources or from Blesma or other charitable sources.
- Support Members in their dealings with the Health Services’ Limb Service with a view to ensuring they receive a satisfactory and appropriate level of support.
- Refer Members to other specialist charities and organisations when appropriate.
- Assist Members in financial distress and whose need is not provided for by the State by considering grants from Blesma or other charitable sources and making the appropriate recommendations.
- Support Blesma activity in their Area through building a community profile, representing Blesma at events, engaging volunteers and supporting fundraising activities.