***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***Blesma, The Limbless Veterans is the national charity and membership association for limbless serving and ex-service men and women and their dependants.
We help all wounded servicemen and women who have lost limbs, the use of limbs or eyes, to rebuild their lives by providing rehabilitation activities and welfare support.
Blesma campaigns for our veteran’s rights and looks after individuals and their families by offering a comprehensive grants and welfare system. Rehabilitation, support, counselling and care are the four principle foundations of our organisation. Together, we can help our men, women and their families face the challenges ahead with renewed confidence and self-belief.
The Community and Events Fundraising Officer role plays an important part within a dynamic team. The post is responsible for supporting the developing and successful community and events fundraising programme in order to maximise income and awareness of Blesma from these donors.
Current holder Vacant
Main purpose Support the Blesma Community and Events Fundraising programme through support to and coordination of community fundraising campaigns, in order to fundraise for Blesma.
Location Work out of Blesma Head Office – Frankland Moore House, 185-187 High Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, RM6 6NA.
Responsible to : Community and Events Manager
Salary and Benefits £20,000 – £22,000 dependent on skills and experience.
Blesma offers a contributory pension scheme – employer’s contribution 5% and suggested employee’s contribution 5% and a Death in Service insurance benefit equal to one times annual salary
Identified training needs will be met with the support of Blesma
Holidays 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays
Equal Opportunities Blesma is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this is expected.
Full details of Conditions of Employment are set out in Blesma’s Employment Contract, the main features of which are standard for all staff.
To support the work of the Community and Events Manager to develop, manage and maintain a programme of community fundraising activities to service the needs of both the charity and our supporters. The post-holder will be responsible for the day to day support of this activity and will help ensure that all campaigns are within budget and are delivered to meet key performance indicators. We are currently in a period of growth and have a relatively new fundraising team in place. As such, we’re looking for a bright, capable and organised individual to join our small organisation during this busy and exciting time. This will include involvement in several events including Blesma Week, and other key fundraising partnerships.
This is an externally facing role.
- Build relationships with event organisers, event and donor enquirers and participants to ensure they receive a positive experience and develop their commitment
- Liaison with community and event participants taking part in treks, challenges, runs and proactive community fundraising
- Assistance with planning and production of bespoke events and facilitation of supporter involvement of third-party events
- Regular point of contact for community and event fundraisers providing excellent customer service
- Help develop the number of community based groups and organisations that adopt Blesma as their charity as well as those that raise one off funds
- Learn to use the Raiser’s Edge database for accurate record keeping and analysis; work closely with the Database Manager to ensure accurate selection and monitoring of activities
- Input accurate and up to date information onto the database
- Help organise fundraising materials – contribute to design
- Support the Fundraising Team with regards to Public Relations and Communications tasks in conjunction with the PR & Media Team
- General administration including answering the fundraising telephones and answering enquiry emails and letters
This is a great opportunity to develop your career within the charity sector, in particular within community fundraising. In addition, this role will require, from time to time, involvement in Blesma’s other fundraising disciplines.
The Main Duties above are issued for the purpose of guidance and may be subject to variation.
This job description covers the main tasks expected to be involved in undertaking the job and the main characteristics and qualities required of the jobholder. It is not meant to be all embracing and other tasks may be assigned to the jobholder as necessary and/or operational needs dictate.
|Educated to degree level or equivalent||●|
|Good level of numeracy||●|
|Full UK Driving Licence||●|
|IT skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet||●|
|Fundraising related professional qualification||●|
|An understanding of the wider funding environment and changing trends in the voluntary sector||●|
|Experience of working within the third sector, community fundraising or closely related fields||●|
|Experience of working in a community / events fundraiser role||●|
|Experience of using databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Progress||●|
|Proven ability to manage own time and workload||●|
|Impressive writing and communication skills||●|
|Outstanding telephone manner||●|
|Budget or other Finance related experience||●|
|A passion for BLESMA’s cause and work||●|
|A desire to grow and develop your skills||●|
|A team player with a confident manner; a professional, flexible, positive person||●|
|Close attention to detail||●|