Blesma is looking for a talented and committed individual to work within its busy Fundraising Department in the run up to Christmas. The role is a great opportunity to expand skills and experience across fundraising especially within events, community, and special appeals.
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: Circa £20,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
Temporary (3 months), October to December – Full-time
Support the work of the Blesma fundraising team to develop, manage and maintain a programme of fundraising activities to service the needs of both the charity and our supporters. The post-holder will be responsible for the day to day tasks and administration across several activities and will help ensure that all campaigns are delivered to meet key performance indicators. This is our busiest time of the year and as such, we’re looking for a bright, capable and organised individual to join our small organisation during this exciting period.
· Provide support for our main activities such as the London Marathon, Remembrance 11k virtual run, Big Give, Christmas Carol Service and Remembrance direct marketing appeal.
· Acknowledging supporters by sending thank you letters to donors, community fundraisers and event participants
· Handle and respond to incoming enquiries via the phone, email, and post
· Sending out fundraising packs and materials to community and events participants
· Learn to use the Raiser’s Edge database and input accurate and up to date information onto the database
· Ensure that database and paper file systems are maintained and developed
· Sending out merchandise and managing orders from the online shop
· Support the Fundraising Team with the direct marketing campaigns by taking phone donations
This is a great opportunity to start a career within the charity sector, in particular within fundraising. The Main Duties above are issued for the purpose of guidance and may be subject to variation.
This job description covers the main tasks expected to be involved in undertaking the job and the main characteristics and qualities required of the jobholder. It is not meant to be all embracing and other tasks may be assigned to the jobholder as necessary and/or operational needs dictate.
If you’d like to have an informal chat about the role please contact Anna Scalera, Head of Fundraising email@example.com direct number 020 8548 3517
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 31 August 2021.
Interview date: W/C 06 September 2021