***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Blesma – The Limbless Veterans is the national charity and membership association for limbless serving and ex-service men and women and their dependants.
We help all wounded Servicemen and women who have lost limbs, the use of limbs or eyes, to rebuild their lives by providing well-being support and rehabilitation activities.
Blesma campaigns for our veteran’s rights and looks after individuals and their families by offering a comprehensive welfare system and financial assistance programme. Rehabilitation, support, counselling and care are the four principle foundations of our organisation. Together, we can help our men, women and their families face the challenges ahead with renewed confidence and self-belief.
The Blesma Support Officer (London & South East) is a pivotal role within Blesma, providing a lifeline to Members by delivering effective wellbeing support to help reduce the negative impacts of disability and to assist the Members in leading independent and fulfilling lives.
|Leaving post February 2021|
|To provide wellbeing support to Blesma Members in the designated Area through a welfare visiting service|
|Home based in Area (post codes BR, CR, CT, DA, E (London), EC (London), EN, HA, IG, KT, ME, N (London), NW (London), RM, SE, SM,
SS, SW (London), TN, TW, UB, W (London), WC (London) and WD)
|Director Independence and Wellbeing|
|Line Manager to||Outreach Officer (London & South East)|
Salary and Benefits £41,718 and car.
Blesma offers a contributory pension scheme – employer’s contribution of 5% and you are encouraged to also pay 5% of your salary, and a Death in Service insurance benefit equal to one and a half times annual salary.
Holidays 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
Equal Opportunities Blesma is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this is expected.
Full details of Conditions of Employment are set out in Blesma’s Employment Contract, the main features of which are standard for all staff.
We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. Blesma encourages a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. With an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Main accountabilities of the post
To support Blesma Members in the designated Area of responsibility by providing a lifeline to Members by delivering effective wellbeing support to help reduce the negative impacts of disability and to assist the Members in leading independent and fulfilling lives. The role will also involve representing Blesma and enhancing the charity’s profile within the local community.
- Assist Members to obtain all the assistance to which they may be entitled from statutory sources, such as Benefits and Allowances from the DWP and Veterans UK and care services from the NHS and Local Authorities.
- Support and advocate for members throughout the DWP and Veterans UK appeal/tribunal process.
- Promote the mobility and independence of Members through the provision of disability and mobility aids either through statutory sources or from Blesma or other charitable sources.
- Support Members in their dealings with the NHS Limb Service with a view to ensuring they receive a satisfactory and appropriate level of support.
- Refer Members to other specialist charities and organisations when appropriate.
- Assist Members in financial distress and whose need is not provided for by the State by considering grants from Blesma or other charitable sources and making the appropriate recommendations.
- Deliver practical and emotional support to those who care for Members.
- Line Manager to the Outreach Officer (London & South East) who supports Blesma activity in their Area.
- Represent Blesma at events, enhancing the community profile and supporting fundraising activities.
- Represent Blesma on regional committees and working groups as required.
This Job Description is a guide to the work the job holder is required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of the Contract of Employment.
Applications to be sent to Paula Ferreira email@example.com – CV and covering letter. The closing date for applications is Sunday 28 February and interviews will take place on a date to be determine w/c 8 March.
Any enquiries regarding the job to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.