***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We’re Blind Veterans UK, a charity that helps vision-impaired ex-service people from every generation rebuild their lives regardless of how or when they lost their sight. Founded in 1915, by Sir Arthur Pearson, to help the many veterans losing their sight after the First World War, we have supported those blinded in subsequent wars and military engagements, including the Second World War, and more recently, the conflicts in the Falklands, Iraq and Afghanistan.
We are currently seeking a Health and Wellbeing Nurse to join us on a full-time, permanent basis.
– Salary of £35,782 per annum (plus enhancements for working unsocial hours)
– Generous annual leave with the option to buy additional days
– Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
– Healthcare cash plan
– Access to legal services and mental health support
– Employee assistance programme
– Paid professional subscriptions and discounts
– Home working allowance
– Professional and personal development
This is an unmissable opportunity for a Registered Nurse with mentoring and clinical experience to join our fantastic organisation.
You will discover a hugely rewarding role and plenty of satisfaction, taking a position on the frontline to help vision-impaired ex-service people every day, allowing them to live the lives they deserve and allowing you to support countless people.
What’s more, we provide a fantastic range of benefits and perks and you’ll be working from our state-of-the-art facility in Llandudno, enabling you to deliver outstanding care in a technologically advanced environment.
So, if you’re ready to contribute to the vital work of one of the UK’s oldest charities, we would love to hear from you.
As a Health and Wellbeing Nurse, you will lead, engage and inspire the Health and Wellbeing team, delivering first-class care and support to our Blind Veterans.
You will plan, deliver and manage high-quality, person-centred care and support to members, ensuring that services are designed collaboratively and delivered in a compliant manner.
Sharing your skills, knowledge and clinical expertise with your team, you will provide effective clinical supervision to those who you line manage and support us in creating a positive and solution-focused working culture.
Additionally, you will:
– Carry out all nursing duties in a professional manner
– Facilitate the safe admissions, stays and discharges of members
– Ensure consistently safe standards of practice
– Oversee the recruitment, training and development of staff
To be considered as a Health and Wellbeing Nurse, you will need:
– To be an NMC Registered Nurse – Adult (level 1)
– Relevant experience working as a Registered Nurse
– Experience in mentoring, teaching and supporting staff
– Relevant clinical experience
– Knowledge of Health and Safety in relation to delivering care
– The ability to maintain accurate records and write comprehensive and detailed reports
– To act in accordance with the Nursing & Midwifery Council Scope of Professional Practice and ensure registration is always maintained ensuring continued professional development
– An understanding of the standards and regulations set out by the regulatory authorities and bodies that govern the provision of nursing, and health and social care services
– Professional, appropriate, effective and tactful communication skills
– IT knowledge of using electronic care systems, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Teams
The closing date for this vacancy is 28 August 2023.
Interview dates: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applications.
Other organisations might call this role Registered Nurse, Registered General Nurse, RGN, Staff Nurse, Registered Health and Wellbeing Nurse, Supervisory Nurse, or Health and Wellbeing Staff Nurse.