***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Llandudno, Conwy County
We’re Blind Veterans UK, a charity that helps vision-impaired ex-service people from every generation rebuild their lives regardless of how or when they lost their sight. Founded in 1915, by Sir Arthur Pearson, to help the many veterans losing their sight after the First World War, we have supported those blinded in subsequent wars and military engagements, including the Second World War, and more recently, the conflicts in the Falklands, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Our Centre of Wellbeing in Llandudno offers visually impaired veterans training and rehabilitation services. Since opening our doors in 2011, we have helped more than 12,000 veterans with specialist support to enable them to enjoy life to the fullest. We also embrace technology and are proud to be one of the first fully integrated smart properties in Wales, utilising Alexa technology from Amazon to support our members during their visits and stays.
We are currently seeking a Hospitality Team Member to join us at our Llandudno Wellbeing Centre on a permanent, full-time basis.
– Salary of £22,777.45 per annum
– Generous annual leave with the option to buy additional days
– Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
– Healthcare cash plan
– Access to legal services and mental health support
– Employee assistance programme
– Paid professional subscriptions and discounts
– Home working allowance
– Professional and personal development
– Enhanced pay
This is the ideal opportunity for a personable, skilled, customer-focused individual wanting to take on a fulfilling role for a good cause.
As one of the country’s oldest charities, we have positively impacted the lives of tens of thousands of visually impaired veterans since our inception during the First World War. You’ll be the friendly, welcoming face of our ground-breaking centre, supporting veterans and their families during their stays.
If you could apply your exceptional customer service skills to a role where you have the potential to help thousands, we would love to hear from you!
As a Hospitality Team Member, you will deliver an exceptional experience to all members, visitors and other customers at our Llandudno Centre of Wellbeing.
Specifically, you will be involved in delivering outstanding customer service, administration and bookings, working alongside centre staff to create a positive, solution-focused environment and culture.
Additionally, you will:
– Administer members’ payments
– Collate members’ feedback
– Oversee bookings and the check-in/check-out process
– Administer the HR information system
– Operate the main switchboard, fielding incoming calls
– Provide room and centre orientation to members, demonstrating our use of Smartware
To be considered as a Hospitality Team Member, you will need:
– Customer care skills
– A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, database systems and intranet
– An excellent telephone manner
– A proactive attitude towards the resolution of any issues or delays
– GCSE level (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics (Grade 4 / C)
An NVQ Level 2 Customer Care qualification would be beneficial to your application, as would experience working in a busy customer service environment.
Bookkeeping experience would also be beneficial, as would knowledge of visual impairment.
Knowledge of the Armed Forces would also be advantageous, as would previous experience working with visually-impaired, elderly or disabled people.
The closing date for this vacancy is 17 November 2023.