***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We’re Blind Veterans UK, a charity that helps vision-impaired ex-service people from every generation rebuild their lives regardless of how or when they lost their sight. Founded in 1915, by Sir Arthur Pearson, to help the many veterans losing their sight after the First World War, we have supported those blinded in subsequent wars and military engagements, including the Second World War, and more recently, the conflicts in the Falklands, Iraq and Afghanistan.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Health & Wellbeing Team on a permanent, full-time basis. Our Nurses work 37.5 hours per week across a series of day and night shifts and receive enhanced pay for unsociable hours worked.
– Salary of £38,147.80 per annum
– Generous annual leave with the option to buy additional days
– Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
– Healthcare cash plan
– Access to legal services and mental health support
– Employee assistance programme
– Paid professional subscriptions and discounts
– Home working allowance
– Professional and personal development
– Enhanced pay
If you’re a Registered Nurse with a clinical background and experience of mentoring, teaching and supporting staff, this is an exceptional opportunity to step into a rewarding role with our dedicated charity.
Not only will you be part of a meaningful legacy that spans generations, but you’ll be supported to grow in your role with paid professional subscriptions, a comprehensive wellbeing package and a commitment to your continual training and development!
So, if you want to join a community where your skills make an impact and every day brings an opportunity to shape lives positively, read on and apply today!
As a Registered Nurse, you will manage and develop our Health & Wellbeing Team in the delivery of excellent care and support.
Working collaboratively across the wider department, the delivery team, our sister site and all other directorates, you will plan, deliver and manage high-quality, person-centred care and support to members.
You’ll ensure that services are designed collaboratively with our members and delivered in line with the regulations set out by the governing body. Using your expertise to support and develop the Health & Wellbeing Team, you will seek to create a positive and solution-focused working culture.
Additionally, you will:
– Facilitate safe admissions, stays and discharges of members
– Produce individual care plans and risk assessments
– Engage with external and internal stakeholders
– Oversee the recruitment, training and continual professional development of staff
– Participate in multi-disciplinary case conferences and care planning
To be considered as a Registered Nurse, you will need:
– Experience of working as a Registered Nurse
– Relevant clinical experience
– Experience of mentoring, teaching and supporting staff
– NMC Adult Level 1 Registration
– An understanding of the standards & regulations of the regulatory authorities and bodies that govern the provision of nursing, and health and social care services (CQC, CIW, NMC)
This position is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Checks.
The closing date is 21st February 2024.
Other organisations may call this role Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Team Lead, Triage Nurse, Clinical Nurse, Registered Adult Nurse, Patient Support Nurse, or Community Nurse.