***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are looking for a confident and friendly individual with excellent communication skills who will enjoy recruiting, training and supporting the diverse range of volunteers who give their time to Blind Veterans UK. This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
Blind Veterans UK helps vision-impaired ex-Service men and women of every generation rebuild their lives after sight loss. Since 1915, we’ve provided rehabilitation, training, practical advice, and emotional support to tens of thousands of blind veterans.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Operations Directorate.
We are looking for a confident and friendly individual with excellent communication skills who will enjoy recruiting, training and supporting the diverse range of volunteers who give their time to Blind Veterans UK.
The job involves:
- Identifying and responding to the needs of members within the local community by reviewing and assessing volunteering opportunities.
- Organising and implementing the recruitment of volunteers in line with our volunteer recruitment policy.
- Maintaining regular contact with volunteers to provide ongoing support. Being the first point of contact for volunteer’s enquiries.
- Maintaining accurate, secure and up to date records on the volunteers and other service data for monthly reporting
- Working with local agencies and partners to offer members the best option for volunteering support.
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage but we will consider applications from those who are able to demonstrate how their alternate skill, knowledge and experience is relevant to this role.
It is primarily a home-based role, however travel to locations within the area will be necessary. Benefits include free life assurance, sickness benefit scheme, generous pension scheme and an employee assistance programme. This post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to apply: please email your up-to-date CV and a tailored supporting statement of no more than 500 words in total, setting out how your knowledge, skills and experience match the person specification. Please note CVs without a tailored supporting statement, as detailed above, will not be accepted.
Completed submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 16 June 2021 by 1pm
Interview Day: w/c 21 June