***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The post-holder will be responsible for maximising applications and recruitment from referral organisations, jobcentre plus and other sources to attract learners from the military community, with an emphasis on the unemployed and economically inactive. They will support and work with learners to support, mentor and identify career ambitions in the construction industry, building a network of local/regional employers willing to provide progression opportunities.
The role would suit a self-motivated, articulate, customer focused individual with excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills. The individual must be positive, enthusiastic, outgoing, and approachable. A willingness to travel and a flexible approach is essential.
This is a challenging role and individuals will be expected to use their own initiative and be proactive, meet targets and adapt to the changing needs of the charity as required.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Develop strong links with referral agencies, Jobcentre’s and partner organisations to maximise learner recruitment, welfare and progression opportunities
- Provide information and advice about our programmes, welfare on offer and progression opportunities to potential and current learners
- Liaise closely with learners and course tutors over progress and personal career ambitions
- Develop a network of local/regional employment and apprenticeship/training providers to secure progression routes for programme graduates
- Identify and implement activities which increase progression and trainee transition to apprenticeships, further training, employment and self- employment
- Create and deliver projects which raise the profile of the charity whilst promoting opportunities and increasing applications and progression
- Represent the charity at promotional events / activities and to support charitable events including open evenings, taster days, interviews, familiarisation days and giving presentations to relevant parties to provide progression for learners
- Contribute to tracking the retention of learners and progression of programme graduates
- Provide feedback to referral agencies on the success and progression of their learners
- Complete all associated organisation and administrative work and assist in the management of appropriate administrative systems
- Attend team meetings
- Organise and maintain a CPD file, ensuring current occupational competence is up to date and recorded
This post has key targets that are required for the success of this post. These targets will be set and agreed annually, and will include, but not be limited to:
- Applications from referral agencies and Jobcentre’s, focusing on the unemployed and economically inactive
- A minimum of 220 applications leading to outcomes and retention rates
- Progression rates
- Learner satisfaction
- Staff satisfaction
- Agency/Partner satisfaction levels
There will, from time to time, be other duties or tasks not specifically covered in this Job Description that you will be expected to undertake in order to provide the best possible support to the veterans and to promote the development of the Charity.
Deadline: 7 August 2022
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to Eddie O’Brien firstname.lastname@example.org