***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Building Heroes is playing an ever-increasing role in supporting and training ex-service personnel and those who are unemployed to gain sustainable jobs in the construction industry. Due to our recent growth, we are now looking for a qualified trainers / assessors and IV’s, to join a great established team. In particular we are looking for individuals who have experience in delivering employability, digital/I.T. and enterprise skills. Ideally the successful candidates should be based in the South-West of England although we would consider remote working.
You will be delivering training in person and/or online to support our learners to find work and gain employment, start a business, and achieve digital accredited training. The role will include weekly engagement with 121 support. The successful candidate will have proven experience of delivering accredited training, coaching, and assessing learners’ work.
Although this post is not a full-time role, we are looking to have a pool of trainers who can work flexibly. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has experience in the education/training sector, loves supporting individuals find work and wants to be part of our growing Charity.
Please send your CV with a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the key responsibilities listed below.
- Deliver employability, digital training, and business training to learners, both online and in person, ensuring the learners receive the highest quality experience in line with external requirements and company expectations
- Set clear, realistic targets for learners to progress and achieve
- Ensure all learner records and reporting is accurate and compliant
- Manage a caseload of learners using our online learning platform
- Deliver engaging group sessions that keep our learners focused and stimulated.
- Use effective strategies for working with employers to support the progression of learners
- Motivate and inspire learners to build their confidence, achieve their qualifications and gain sustainable employment.
- Provide tailored support to individuals with additional learning needs to enable them to complete their course and achieve their qualifications
- Communicate effectively and promptly with learners, employers, and staff to maintain an efficient working practice
- Maintain own levels of CPD to ensure current teaching and assessment methods are used and the most up to date employability and digital skills are being taught
Experience, Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Teaching and/or assessing qualification such as a Cert Ed/PGCE or an Award in Education & Training L3 (PTTLS) or above. An internal verification qualification such as V1 or TAQA would also be a bonus.
- Recognised experience in delivering training for employability, digital, business start-up or equivalent
- Previous experience of using an online learning platform and e-portfolio
- Experience of supporting individuals to gain employment
- Ability to provide impartial and constructive feedback to a range of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people
What is on offer:
- £24-28k pro rata. Depending on experience
- Flexible working
- Working in a charity that changes lives for the better
- Personal achievement and ongoing opportunities
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: subject to negotiation
Application deadline: 20/12/2021
Please submit CVs to email@example.com