***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Hours: Part-Time – 30 hours per week
Location: Home based in the Northeast of England with travel required
Responsible to: Operations Lead
Responsible for: Co-ordination of Mentorship of Veterans involved in the Criminal Justice System
Main Role and Responsibilities
As a Regional Co-ordinator based in the Northeast of England your role will be varied and will include working within multiple identified prisons across the Northeast region. You will work with veterans in prison and with some post release. You will introduce veterans in prison to Care after Combat and be able to sign up veterans to Care after Combat support. You will work alongside other Care after Combat Staff, Volunteer Mentors, and relevant prison staff in the identified prisons to facilitate regular forums where possible. You will work alongside other parties such as Resettlement Teams, Probation Services and other support services and organisations to ensure the veterans are best prepared for reintegration into the community post release from prison. Continued support after release may be required.
You will be responsible for co-ordination of Volunteer Mentors in your region and will assist the Operations Lead in recruitment of Volunteer Mentors for your region.
You will also be required to contribute significantly to a new collaborative initiative across the region, known as the Veterans’ Places, People and Pathways Programme (VPPPP), working with other veterans’ support organisations to optimise the network of support available to veterans in the region.
You will be supported in your role by the Operations Lead (your Line Manager) and the wider Care after Combat Team.
Duties can include but will not be limited to:
• Implementation of Care after Combat’s support services;
• Work collaboratively with third parties as required;
• Work in close partnership with regional colleagues in the development of the mentor framework;
• Co-ordinate the activities of Volunteer Mentors within your region;
• Be a key holder for the identified prisons;
• Travel to, and work equally with, identified prisons;
• Work with other Care after Combat staff to arrange and facilitate group forums for veterans within the prison environment;
• Work with other Care after Combat staff in the delivery of awareness training in veteran specific issues to healthcare and prison staff;
• Work in partnership with Prison Liaison Officers/Relevant prison staff;
• Networking with relevant organisations and other charities;
• Represent Care after Combat as required and always work in line with the identified aims, values and plans of the charity;
• Provide clear reports in line with Care after Combat reporting policies and governance strategies;
• Assist the Operations Lead with the recruitment of Volunteer Mentors in your region;
• Other duties that are relevant to the care and support of veterans through the criminal justice system may be assigned by the Operations Lead.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and for any more information about the role.
Closing date for applications: 07 March 2022
Interview date(s): 10 March 2022