REPORTING TO: HEAD OF FUNDRAISING
ACCOUNTABLE TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Fundraising and promotion of the charity
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: All members of staff, volunteers, residents and their family members. Supporters, donors, volunteers, representatives from companies and community groups
The competencies listed below are those that the jobholder is expected to demonstrate immediately on taking up the post. They constitute the minimum standards of performance. They are not intended to be exhaustive and the jobholder will be expected to constantly enhance and add to their competence. The jobholder’s progress will be monitored and assessed against these competencies, and any further outcomes derived from key targets and performance indicators.
Job purpose and description including key responsibilities
- Raise income and work towards set annual income targets from events, digital and community fundraising
- Lead on the roll out of our new portfolio of digital fundraising events and activities. Acquire new strong, profitable and enduring relationships with donors and other key supporters
- Organise a range of annual events as and when they are confirmed. To manage these fundraising events, ensuring they are well organised and raise the maximum amount of income possible and ensure that all participants/guests have a pleasant experience
- Work with established community groups e.g. clubs, churches, schools, and other groups to raise our profile, increase income and gain further support.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with our supporters to maximise income and other support e.g. gifts in kind, volunteer time, legacies etc.
- Promote and keep track of managed relationships and develop a process to cultivate donors to regularly donate
- Ensure accurate records of all interaction with the community and key stakeholders are kept up to date on DonorFlex.
- Work with the Marketing colleagues to promote opportunities to raise income to new and cultivate in-kind support.
- To act as a fundraising advocate within the community, to be professional and communicate with enthusiasm, credibility, conviction and knowledge
- Provide support and guidance to those undertaking initiatives to raise money and endeavour to secure long- term support from these people
- Be deputy for the PR & Marketing Officer when they are on holiday in terms of sending press releases and dealing with the media
- To administer general correspondence with supporters and ensure prompt replies are made and letters of thanks are sent out in a timely manner
- Obtain participants to attend/take part in events and initiatives
- To understand charity law and in particular with regard to the Data Protection Act and GDPR and the recording and storage of donor data. To ensure all data is managed within the law and effectively (full training will be given)
- To actively promote the work of Care for Veterans at networking events, at presentations and meetings in the local community, to publicise the work of the Charity and obtain more support
- To become conversant with the care and rehabilitation provided at Care for Veterans and to be able to give talks and presentations to groups in the community about what the charity does
Experience of either fundraising and/or events management
Experience of working to financial targets
Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at the same time
Ability to network in the local community and secure new funding for the charity
Ability to represent the charity in a clear, emotive and factual way
Ability to forge and develop relationships with individuals, corporate contacts and community groups
Ability to work 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, plus extra hours in the evenings and weekends, as and when needed (time off in lieu will be given for all extra hours and notice will be given)
This job description and person specification represents an outline of the major components of the job and is not intended to be exhaustive. It may with consultation be subject to additions and amendments from time to time as the need arises and therefore, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform such other duties as might be reasonably required.
Applicants should send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline – 16 March 2021.