***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: 28hrs per week, Permanent
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 FTE
Closing date: 31/01/2022
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Administrator join our team at Defence Medical Welfare Service. In this role you will work directly alongside the organisations Head of Finance, to deliver day-to-day financial activities whilst ensuring appropriate finance management, accounting, control and reporting. This will be a part-time position offering 28hrs per week to be worked flexibly with a salary of £24,000 – £26,000 FTE.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skillset:
- Working towards a recognised accountancy qualification or be AAT qualified (or equivalent) at Level 2
- Prior experience of using Sage 50 accounting packages
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of using Excel, Word and Microsoft Teams
- The ability to effectively analyse complex problems and suggest solutions that would have positive impact on DMWS needs
- The confidence and ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Self-motivation and the ability to use your own initiative
- An efficient working style with an exceptional eye for detail and outstanding team working skills
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the remote location of our office.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Compiling and completing monthly Payroll
- Completing expense runs on a weekly basis
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Monthly credit card reconciliations
- Management of various income streams
- Updating expense invoices on Sage50
- Coordinating the costings/analysis of department splits
- Supporting the HOF to complete monthly reports and end of year reports
- Various adhoc reporting as required
In return you will receive:
- 30 days a year annual leave plus Bank Holidays (calculated pro-rata)
- DMWS workplace pension scheme. Contributions will be matched up to 6% by DMWS.
- Death in Service Scheme – Three times your annual salary to nominated beneficiaries – subject to eligibility
- Flexible Working – All flexible working requests are considered
- Enhanced sick pay scheme for all employees upon completion of their probationary period.
Applications close 31 January 2022 at 5pm – DMWS reserve the right to close the application process early.
Please see the detailed job description for more information here.
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£26,000.00 per year