***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
East Sussex Veterans Hub, based in Hastings, East Sussex, are seeking a volunteer CEO designate, to work along side the existing Executive Secretary with a view to taking full responsibility by mid 2023 when it is envisaged the appointment will be salaried. There may be an interim opportunity for part time paid employment with the charity.
East Sussex Veterans Hub are wishing to attract a part Chief Executive Officer (designate).
Expressions of interest are requested and in due course options of employment may be considered from a wide range of executives with differing career profiles and commitments.
ESVH wish to be as flexible as possible in order to attract interest from the widest cohort of candidates. Below are options considered pragmatic to achieve this. Candidates may have a profile that suits any single or combined requirements.. What is essential is dedication and commitment.
- Volunteer on a part time basis to get to know the role, charity, its people, and work.
- Take a paid part time role with specific responsibilities.
- Accept full time employment as CEO with full responsibilities.
The CEO will be responsible to a Board of Trustees for Day to day operational and administrative control of ESVH along with its activities within the scope of ESVH policies. Such may involve existing contractual requirements for dedicated operations, some involving close collaboration with the third sector but always with potential to reach veterans in need. This whilst,
- Initiating new services and contracts as appropriate.
- Ensuring sustainability of the charity.
- Enhancing the services and profile of the charity.
- Managing ESVH premises and lease holdings where appropriate.
Current activities as at June 2022, under management of ESVH include
ESVH weekly Drop In
Rural Activity Facility
Property 5 Harold Place , First Floor. (under Tenure of Will Leasehold)
Involvement under contract with East Sussex County Council
Project ADDER CARE Navigation (Staffed) to 2023
Project ADDER Prison in Reach (Staffed) to 2023
Project ADDER Recovery to 2023
Other small initiatives
An Expression of Interest should be forwarded, marked confidential, with copy of curriculum vitae to Bernard@esvh99100.onmicrosoft.com
Job Description and Candidate Profile
The oversight of services and leadership of employees of ESVH
- External representation of ESVH relevant to the charity’s activities and to maintain or develop long term relationships with other service charities and like-minded organisations.
- The development and delivery of all income generation, fundraising, contracts and influence/advocacy events and initiatives.
- To maintain and recommend appropriate HR and safeguarding policies and practices for staff and clients.
- The leadership of all marketing and PR activity and issues.
- The oversight of the charity’s financial activity and governance practices.
- To provide advice, guidance, conduct personal interviews and undertake casework for serving and retired members, and their families, of the Armed Forces based in East Sussex.
- This role will require travel with some overnight stays away and occasional evening and weekend work. The candidate should be prepared to work outside normal hours when necessary.
Candidates will be considered who can demonstrate the following:
- A current or recent, successful career, demonstrating empathy with the Armed Forces and able to deliver leadership, relationship building and management skills at a senior level. (E)
- Business development experience. (D)
- The provision of support to, or participation within a senior management board structure. (E)
- Be a highly motivated self-starter. (E)
- The ability to work in small teams. (D)
- Highly developed organisational, administrative and communication skills – both written and verbal. (E)
- Previous charity or not-for-profit experience. (D)
- The ability to listen and gain the confidence of others. (E)
- Strong mentoring skills. (D)
- Personal integrity and a natural confidence in dealing with all levels of public sector, and commercial organisations. (E)
- Experience in, or understanding of, working within the wider Armed Forces Community, and public sector environment. (E)
- Hold a UK Driving Licence and be prepared to travel. (E)