***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
£28,325 per year
Permanent, Part-time, 28 hours per week
The Forces Employment Charity are looking for a highly motivated Employment Consultant to help develop employer relationships to support the skills of all personnel resettling in Northern Ireland, through employer engagement and specialist employment support
This is a part time, 28 hours per week with a salary of £28,325 pro rota. This role is Hybrid based working between Aldergrove RRC and the PRU in Lisburn
- Maintain strong links with existing employers in Northern Ireland who have traditionally supplied appropriate jobs for Service Leavers under CTP.
- Develop and implement an intelligence led employer engagement strategy which links new, suitable employers and their job opportunities with the career requirements of all SL settling in Northern Ireland. These job opportunities should include:
- Market the transferrable skills and experience of all SLs to suitable employers, particularly potential key accounts in Northern Ireland.
- When required, work with the Key Accounts staff and regional CTP staff in RRC Aldergrove to integrate employer engagement activity into the CTP Transition, Training and Employment Support strategy.
- Organise, promote, and deliver Company Presentations and Industry Awareness Events.
- Provide regular input to employment reports and CTP publications, such as the Industry Sector Guides and Regional Employment Bulletin.
- Manage a caseload of referred individuals who have settled in Northern Ireland and, when required, the Republic of Ireland.
- Provide effective CTP (Assist) case working support, using the CTP (Assist) CCMP, to provide careers, training and employment advice and guidance to all referred individuals
- Work with other known military charities in Northern Ireland to put in place referral routes for referred individuals with complex multi-faceted challenges other than employment.
- An empathy with and a good understanding of Armed Forces personnel and their employability.
- Experience of using and exploiting advanced business management systems
- Ability to analyse data and clearly present finding
- Extensive knowledge of the employment market, training, and adult education opportunities throughout the Northern Ireland
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face in finding appropriate and sustainable employment, particularly vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals
- High quality verbal and written communications skills with a personable manner and excellent telephone technique
- A clean driving licence and use of a car
- Experience of providing career/employment advice and guidance to SL and Ex-Forces of all ages and backgrounds
- NVQ Level 4 in Information Advice & Guidance or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence (MOD) security clearance which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years.
Successful candidates will also be the subject of an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (EDBS) check.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for the position is Midnight 14 March 2023. Interviews are scheduled to be shortly after.