***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
London, Greater London (Hybrid)
£38,000 – £40,000 per year
Contract, 12 months, Full-time
An Events Manager will lead on, plan, and implement the FEC and Executive Services events strategy and programme. This is to help executive level clients of FEC to secure long term sustainable employment in a role and industry suitable to their individual needs. They will need to have the skill set to bing together executive level clients and employers in an informative and engaging environment and to impart knowledge to attendees.
The ability to raise the profile of the Armed Forces community with employers, highlighting the skills, training, and experience that FEC clients can bring to their organisations; Deliver and enhance the events services offered to FEC clients and to further build employer awareness of the military talent pool; Enhance the profile of FEC to make it the ‘go to’ and leading organisation for employment services in the military charity sector.
This is a Full Time, 12 months fixed term (Maternity Cover), Hybrid (one day per week in/from Mountbarrow House for meetings and external events contract) contract with a salary of £38-40k depending on experience
- Deliver the Executive Services events programme in accordance with the FEC events strategy and in conjunction with Employer Partnership team.
- Act as the primary point of contact and coordination for all planning activities and, on the day of the event itself, for all allocated events.
- Acting as host at events. This may include duties such as short welcoming addresses, introducing speakers, and facilitating question and answer sessions.
- Source and secure suitable venues when required and ensure all venue hire requirements and other arrangements are fulfilled in an efficient, timely and customer-focused manner.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and deliver the event programme and content, including coordinated communications, marketing and feedback.
- Manage the event budget and event P&L account; draw up the event Risk Register and propose mitigation measures as appropriate; and hold a watching brief over Health & Safety matters.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent, concise, and accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of event budgeting, and managing an event P&L.
- Demonstrable analytical skills with an ability to identify trends and analyse results.
- Ex-UK Armed Forces or a good working knowledge of the UK Armed Forces an advantage.
- Experience of Health and Safety, ideally in an events context.
- Experience of drawing up a Risk Register and taking mitigating measures to reduce exposure to risk.
To apply please submit a CV and Cover Letter by midnight Friday 14 July 2023