***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Birmingham, West Midlands (Hybrid)
£20,900 per year
A position has become available within The Forces Employment Charity Support Centre as a member of the Veterans Support Team based in Birmingham. We are looking for a Veterans Support Advisor is to deliver The Forces Employment Charity Support Centre function. As a Veterans Support Advisor, you will be hard working, meticulous to detail and conscientious.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong customer focus, excellent telephone manner and be capable of working within a large team and on their own initiative. Excellent communication skills, IT literacy, keyboard skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
This position is full-time, 35 hours per week with a salary of £20,900. Normal working hours will be on a shift pattern between 8.00 a.m. and 8.00 p.m. Monday to Fridays inclusive. In addition, there will be occasional Saturday work between 8.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. Currently we are operating the support centre in a blended arrangement offering both home and office working.
- Communicate with clients on all channels including social media groups, webchat, e-mail, and telephone. Link to Salesforce and Adapt CRMs as required.
- Make first contact with clients registering with The Forces Employment Charity and TechVets
- Provide Advice and Guidance on registration.
- Support Veterans to obtain Proof of Service using Veterans UK Check Service.
- Support the TechVets EM3 Programme delivery to ensure relevant members are engaged at the first opportunity.
On-Going Support & Tracking
- Provide Advice and Guidance on the use of all available online tools.
- Capture the employment outcomes of all clients and for TechVets members gaining careers through TechVets support
- Record all interactions with clients accurately on Adapt and Salesforce where appropriate.
Ideally you will be NVQ 3/4 qualified in Information Advice and Guidance (training will be provided if you don’t). You will also ideally understand marketing and promotion and an interest in the employment market, Information Technology, and recruitment.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV. Closing date is Monday 1 May 2023 . Interviews will take place soon after
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Ministry of Defence security clearance which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years.