***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week with very occasional evening events
Location: London – with opportunity to travel abroad
Start Date: As soon as possible and no later than 19th November 2018
Give Us Time is a forces charity that secures donations in the form of accommodation from commercially-let property owners. This enables us to provide week-long and weekend respite breaks* for armed forces families.
As the Communications and Office Coordinator, you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient management of the charity’s office, with a particular responsibility for the charity’s communications.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Organising and managing family respite breaks as well as occasional travel abroad to support group trips.
- Liaising with military families, welfare units, military personnel and charity donors.
- Assisting in the day to day administration of the charity office and the charity’s accounts.
- Assisting in the management of the company’s website – including answering enquiries made via the website, central email account and telephone.
- Supporting the planning and running of fundraising activities and events.
- Managing the charity’s online presence, including its website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts – as well as creating and implementing social media strategies for the above.
- Producing newsletters and other communications content – including content for the social media accounts and website.
Suitable candidates should be able to work effectively in a small team, have excellent communication skills, be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and be experienced at managing databases. They should enjoy using social media and must be able to manage the charity’s social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. A good imagination, eye for detail, a sense of humour and an empathy with the armed forces and the charity’s work are desired.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Word and Excel are essential.
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Some knowledge of bookkeeping – able to use excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft products.
- Ability to manage different tasks at the same time and prioritise the workload.
- Outside the box thinking and willingness to run the extra mile.
Highly Desirable: Knowledge/experience of the charity sector.
Desirable: Knowledge/experience of the British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Airforce.
The office is located at 73 Great Tichfield Street, London, W1W 6RD, between the BT Tower and the BBC, with easy access to Oxford Circus, Goodge Street and Great Portland Street tube stations.
Give Us Time is a forces charity founded to help military personnel and their families deal with the effects of separation, disability and bereavement. Hotels, holiday groups and owners of commercially let properties – such as timeshares and B&Bs – donate the use of their properties to the charity. This allows us to give armed forces families accommodation-only respite breaks, throughout the UK and abroad.
*The time away provided by the charity is referred to as a ‘respite break’. Respite breaks provide armed forces families time to reconnect and recover after, physical and psychological wounds, bereavement, long periods of separation or a combination of these factors.
For more information or to apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and covering letter.
Interviews begin on 4th and 5th October 2018.