***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Place of Work: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: between £20,500 – £22,500 per annum depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week; mixture of working in the office and from home; time off in lieu (TOIL) for any out of hours working
Probation: Six months
Annual Leave: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Other benefits: Generous contributory pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution; private medical insurance; company maternity/paternity pay scheme; free on-site parking
Application closes: We will be holding interview as/when suitable applications are received
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Digital Assistant with a strong understanding of social media, an aptitude for producing engaging written and visual contents and the ability to manage the Trust’s website and social media accounts.
As an integral part of our Fundraising & Communications Team, you will work to harness digital formats and channels to improve the way we communicate and, working with the Marketing & Communications Manager, help tell thousands of people across the UK about our vital work in Nepal.
The Digital Assistant reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to tell the story of Gurkha veterans, their families and their communities in Nepal through written, image and video content.
- Manage all of the Trust’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube), posting engaging content and responding to comments and messages.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Trust’s main website and retail website.
- Manage the Trust’s digital asset management system (CANTO Flight), ensuring the team have access to the most impactful photographs and videos.
- Produce monthly reports on activity and engagement.
- Collate and distribute email marketing shots, including the Trust’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Work with external agencies to maximise the effectiveness of the Trust’s PPC and AdWords efforts.
- Deliver digital advertisement campaigns to complement the wider fundraising team activity across web and social.
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present the Trust’s work in an accessible and compelling way
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with the ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Ability to work well or as part of a team
- Experience and understanding of social media and marketing
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Cloud (or similar products)
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience working in a charity environment
- Experience in social media marketing
- Experience producing written content
- Audio/video editing experience
- An interest in development causes
- Understanding of Data Protection regulations
- Previous database experience
If you have any questions over the job description or terms and conditions, please get in touch with us:
- T: 01722 323 955
- E: email@example.com
Interview invite will be sent separately to the selected applicants.
Applicants should email a CV and cover letter addressing the person specification to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org