***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Place of Work: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: between £30,000 – £32,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week; mixture of working in the office and from home; time off in lieu (TOIL) for any out of hours working
Probation: Six months
Annual Leave: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Other benefits: Generous contributory pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution; private medical insurance; company maternity/paternity pay scheme; free on-site parking
Application closes:We will be holding interview as/when suitable applications are received
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and digital savvy Marketing & Communications Manager to develop and build our marketing and communications plans and activities.
We have a strong marketing and communications track record, and you will play a key role in telling the story of our vital work in Nepal.
As a key member of our fundraising and communications team, you will be a high achieving and experienced marketing and communications professional who will work in parallel to the Fundraising Strategy to develop The Gurkha Welfare Trust’s brand and status in the UK through the provision of dynamic and engaging content, consistent messaging, press coverage and successful digital initiatives.
The Marketing & Communications Manager reports to the Head of Fundraising & Communications, and will manage Digital Assistant.
Those applying must have dynamism, approachable demeanour, and strategic marketing & communications experience.
- Develop and manage the Trust’s marketing & communications strategy and annual marketing programme.
- Be the go-to for the organisation’s brand, including our visual identity, messaging and tone of voice across all of the organisation’s outputs.
- Achieve maximum press coverage for national campaigns and local fundraising initiatives.
- Manage and develop our social media presence – ensuring maximum engagement and utilise these for various fundraising and communication appeals.
- Manage all of the associated marketing and communications budgets.
- Develop and oversee the production of all marketing and printed materials and support colleagues on the development of new materials relative to their areas of work.
- Create timely content which helps tell our story in a compelling way, utilising video, photography and written case studies of our work across all of our channels.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications on the writing of the thrice yearly newsletter, Samachara, the yearly Annual Review and the design of the Report & Accounts, ensuring they complement the wider appeals programme.
- Manage and continue to develop the Trust’s website – ensuring a slick supporter journey, donation and retail process and assist in implementing the Trust’s new CRM ensuring effective integration with our CMS, email marketing platforms and retail software.
- Manage the Trust’s Digital Assistant role, delivering a digital strategy which complements the wider Fundraising & Communication plans
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Strategic marketing & communications experience
- Marketing/PR/Communications-related degree or relevant experience
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Extensive IT skills, including MS Office
- Excellent written ability and attention to detail
- Budget management
- Effective copywriting
- Digital marketing experience (inc. PPC & AdWords)
- Social media management experience
- Knowledge of effective press and PR techniques
- Using analytics & consumer behaviour to shape activities
- Experience of brand development and management and knowledge of branding/style trends and standards
- Ability to influence and persuade a diverse range of stakeholders
- Approachable demeanour and team player – strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Project management qualification or relevant experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Strong proof-reading skills
- Confident utilising the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Audio/video editing experience
- Experience of using email automation
- Experience working in the NFP sector, ideally within humanitarian/development causes
- Working cross-departmentally
- Interest in social causes
- Interest in Nepal/military
If you have any questions over the job description or terms and conditions, please get in touch with us:
- T: 01722 323 955
- E: email@example.com
Interview invite will be sent separately to the selected applicants.
Applicants should email a CV and cover letter addressing the person specification to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.