***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Initial six month contract
Full time (35 hours per week). Home based.
£34-36k per annum
Heropreneurs is a dynamic UK charity dedicated to the development of entrepreneurs in our Armed Forces community.
We offer philanthropic, free support from our network of talented mentors from the business community who generously volunteer their time.
Now in its 13th year, Heropreneurs has provided critical advice and support to help UK Armed Forces leavers, veterans and family members initiate and develop their business careers.
We want to safeguard the longevity and continued development of our highly-regarded programme, and now seek a skilled and experienced Fundraising Manager on an initial six month contract.
In this influential role, you will lead on the development and implementation of a multi-stage fundraising strategy, focussing on both short and long-term multi-source income generation.
Working closely within our small remote-working team, you will identify and pursue fundraising opportunities, utilising internal and external data and information to inform your approach.
As an independent charity we need our fundraising activity to maximise income to cover core costs, as well as to generate income for projects.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience of researching, stewarding and developing partnerships capable of securing significant donations from major donors, corporate partnerships and foundations.
Through it’s ‘Heropreneurs Awards’ the charity already has some excellent relationships and a profile on which the successful candidate can build.
- Demonstrable experience as a Fundraising Manager (or equivalent) with individual responsibility for income generation exceeding £100,000pa
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a remote team
- High level of competence as a prospect researcher – trusts, foundations, corporate partnerships and HNW individuals
- Creative and adaptable bid writer
- Ability to work within fundraising regulations at all times
- Strategic thinker, capable of identifying short- and long-term fundraising opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good level of numeracy, working knowledge of budgets and financial reporting
- Excellent report writing skills
- Competent data user
- Ability to multi-task, covering a range of projects and work streams simultaneously
This new post has been approved by the Heropreneurs Board of Trustees, initially as a six-month contract, with immediate start available.
Applications for this role are invited from suitably experienced applicants.
Please send in an up-to-date CV and a Personal Statement outlining why you think your skills, abilities and experience to date make you the right candidate for this exciting new post.
Your Personal Statement should be addressed to Becci Parriss BA, RCDP – CEO, Heropreneurs and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org