***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
HighGround is a highly successful and well supported military charity that seeks to deliver in two core areas: the provision of Horticultural Therapy at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC) Stanford Hall in Leicestershire and the introduction / facilitation of land-based opportunities for Service Leavers, Reservists and Veterans. We were granted charitable status in March 2013 and as we look towards our 10th anniversary we want to maintain and grow both areas.
We provide professional horticultural therapy to those Service personnel in need and separately, will seek to build partnerships with companies who share our vision to support ex-military personnel into employment and self-employment in the land-based sector, where their skills, experience and values will be appreciated and used to benefit themselves and their employers.
Due to the current chair stepping down in 2023 the Charity are now seeking an exceptional individual to take them beyond their 10th Anniversary…
Unremunerated (reasonable expenses)
- To lead the Trustee Board, being accountable for its performance and ensuring inclusive leadership so that the Trustees are aware of and fulfil their duties within the laws needed for proper governance of the Charity.
- To ensure the Board provides an appropriate strategy for the direction of the Charity.
- Safeguard and protect the financial direction and future strategic plans for the charity related to fundraising and sustainability
- To support and positively challenge (where appropriate) the CEO, ensuring the Board and executive staff work in genuine partnership.
- The Chair will act as an ambassador and the public face of the charity in partnership with the Chief Executive.
Who are we looking for?
Potential candidates for this unique and exciting opportunity will be highly successful and proven business and commercially focused individuals with either previous Chair and board experience from either the Commercial or Third sectors or perhaps seeking their first Chair position.
Whatever your background and experience, your personal qualities and empathy with the ethos and aims of the charity will be critical to ensure success in such a high profile and valued position of responsibility.
You will have excellent influencing and negotiating skills, aligned with clear examples where you have provided strategic leadership and related results. You will have the confidence and gravitas to represent the Charity both within and outside the military community and be comfortable dealing with individuals at all levels. You must have an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and an appreciation of the issues affecting the wider voluntary sector, including military charities
You will have an optimistic, proactive approach to the future development and growth of the Charity.
High Ground is an equal opportunities employer. Please feel free to contact our retained consultant – Simon Bell at email@example.com or call 07766 714951 for an initial and confidential discussion.
Deadline for Applications will be Tuesday 31 January