***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Thanks to support from The Royal Foundation and other generous funders, we are now recruiting for our first Rural Employment Manager.
Reports to: Executive Director
Deadline: 15th July 2019
HighGround’s land-based employment service has been developing since the first pilot Rural Weeks were delivered at Plumpton College in autumn 2014.
To date the Charity has delivered nearly 30 Rural Weeks for serving personnel and veterans, and awareness of the service increases the number of self-referrals via word of mouth is rising exponentially and with it, the engagement of MoD via the Career Transition Partnership (CTP).
The Executive Director has been responsible for running Rural Weeks and working with the increasing number of landbased employers who recognise the skills and experience which ex military people bring, and seek to provide work experience and employment opportunities for them on estates, farms, and wildlife ranges and in forestry companies, vineyards and landscaping companies.
With the support of The Royal Foundation HighGround is now seeking an individual to co-ordinate the land-based employment service and work with the Executive Director and HighGround’s Development Board to roll out the Rural Weeks programme nationally, and deliver Life beyond the military – Outdoors.
The post entails:
- Providing a one to one, tailored employment service to all serving personnel and veterans who engage with the
- Travelling throughout the UK to meet potential work experience providers and employers
- Arrange and oversee work experience opportunities for HighGrounders
- Work with HighGround Development Board to develop web-based Career Guides and industry contacts for HighGrounders
- Liaison with Service charities and MoD resettlement organisations to promote HighGround’s services
- Be responsible for maintenance of Outdoors Forum on HighGround website
- To assist the Executive Director in the running of Rural Weeks
- Attend suitable Employment Fairs, Sector Briefs, Industry Awareness Events and other relevant events
- Provide regular input to employment reports and HighGround publications as directed by management
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, trade bodies eg AHDB, FE Colleges and training providers
- Assist Executive Director with UK rollout of Rural Weeks programme by liaising with Landex colleges selected as Rural Weeks partners to engage with their local networks of industry presenters
- Attend the Development Board and any other business meetings as required by HighGround
- Maintain and develop land-based employment Forum on HighGround’s website for employers and military jobseekers
- Work with the Executive Director to foster links with other Service charities and support agencies to enable HighGround to signpost clients as and when their needs (for services such as housing) arise
To take decisions within the parameters defined by the Executive Director.
Experience and Skills Required
- An empathy with and a good understanding of Armed Forces personnel and their employability
- Stand alone responsibility for people and their development
- Demonstrable experience in planning and project management
- Understanding of the impact of combat stress reactions in a military context
- Experience and understanding of the transition process from HM Forces to civilian life
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation and all round negotiation skills
- Strong organisational skills and experience of managing and working in a team
- Ability and drive to work alone; self-managing
- Positive, confident approach with personal credibility to interact at the most senior level
- IT literate
- An understanding of PR and customer liaison would be an advantage
Terms and Conditions
The post holder will be based at HighGround’s office in London but will be required to travel to other work locations throughout the UK on a regular basis.
Salary: A starting salary of £32 – £35K subject to negotiation with an annual review and the recompense of appropriate agreed expenses to include travel, food and accommodation.
Contract type: Full time (37.5 hours per week).
Contract term: Permanent.
Workplace: London with potential to work from home 2/3 days a week.
Transport: The postholder will be required to use his/her own car for which a mileage allowance will be paid, or receipted costs funded.
Start date: Autumn 2019.
Job Description Review
The job description will be reviewed annually alongside the performance appraisal review, or as dictated by other operational circumstances.
This job description outlines the duties of the role; it is not exhaustive. You may be required to undertake other tasks/roles for which you are qualified if this is believed to be in the best interests of the organisation.
How to Apply
For more details about how to apply, please contact Anna on 07951 495272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 15th July, 2019.
For a full job specification please click here.