***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Direct reports: None
Key working relationships: Director of Philanthropy, Database Co-ordinator, Centre for Veterans’ Health team, and Marketing Department.
The post holder will work closely with the Director of Philanthropy and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of fundraising focusing on Centre for Veterans Health. The post holder will concentrate on major donor and trust fundraising in addition to managing a small lower level stewardship programme in addition to an organisation-wide staff engagement strategy.
The post holder will require experience of developing and building relationships with clients or supporters. They will be a proven team player, working collaboratively with others, in addition to being self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Act as the first point of contact for all fundraising enquiries including major donors, trusts and hospital ‘Friends’.
- Responsible for the day to day development of low to mid-level donors, nurturing relationships, soliciting donations, accessing networks through targeted communication.
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues in other departments to source compelling stories and information in order to produce fundraising materials and bespoke donor reports.
- Help organise and deliver fundraising events and activities as and when required, aimed at attracting new supporters and nurturing existing supporters.
- Independently manage a portfolio of major donor relationships, moving them through the donor journey with the aim of maintaining or uplifting their support.
- Update and maintain records on the supporter database Raisers Edge.
- Other duties as required as part of a small, proactive fundraising team with an exciting and varied work load.
- Excellent English writing skills
- Experience managing projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of developing and building relationships with clients or supporters
- Experience of working towards and delivering on income targets
- Experience of major donor and/or trust fundraising
- Experience of using Raisers Edge
- A confident communicator, with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must be sympathetic to the aims of the charity
- Organised and efficient, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to set effective priorities, planning and organising work to meet deadlines and manage diverse responsibilities under pressure
- Able to take initiative, be tenacious, imaginative, flexible and adaptive
This Job Description is intended as a guide to the general scope of duties and is not restrictive or definitive in any way. It may be subject to review.
Deadline: 11 February, though we may appoint before the close date
How to apply: CV (2 pages max) and cover letter (2 pages max) outlining their suitability for the role
Applicants can apply directly to me: firstname.lastname@example.org