Job Title: OA Digital Project Manager
Responsible to: COO
Responsible for: No direct reports
Location: Mountbarrow House, London.
The primary responsibility of the OA Digital Project Manager (OA PM) is to provide project management for any allocated OA projects in order to ensure their successful and timely delivery. The OA PM will assist the COO in developing and establishing an effective project management culture within the OA. In addition the OA PM will provide ad-hoc technical support across the OA within his / her areas of knowledge and experience.
Project Management. Take responsibility for the management of allocated OA projects:
- Project management of all OA projects included in the annual programme and any ad-hoc projects agreed during the course of the year ensuring that project targets and objectives are met;
- Work with project team members and manage external project partners (developers, coders, third party service vendors etc.) to help ensure that projects are clearly defined, well designed, have strong business cases and are subsequently delivered within time and budget;
- Provide (or organise the provision of) training to users as part of project implementation.
Establish a Project Management Culture. Assist the COO in developing and establishing an effective project management culture within the OA:
- Assist the COO with the development of an OA project management methodology with supporting project documentation templates;
- In collaboration with the COO promote an effective project management culture within the OA, constantly looking for ways to improve project delivery, and advising and guiding project team members as necessary;
- Become the OA project management tool super-user, identifying ways in which its functionality can be exploited to best effect, and training and assisting users.
Ad-Hoc Technical Support. Provide ad-hoc technical support across the OA within his / her areas of knowledge and experience:
- Maintain a good level of knowledge of those applications and systems used by the OA currently within his / her areas of knowledge and experience (e.g. webinars, Employment App etc.);
- As and when agreed, develop an appropriate level of expertise in the use of other systems that may help the OA with delivery of its services;
- Provide ad-hoc technical support and advice across the OA as appropriate.
The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that are considered reasonable within the scope and purpose of the job and aptitudes of the job holder.
Qualifications/ Skills / Knowledge
- Project Management trained, ideally with a recognised PM qualification (e.g. Agile, PMP, Scum, Prince2);
- Educated to degree level or above in a relevant subject would be an advantage;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong Microsoft Office user skills, ideally in a corporate Office 365 / SharePoint / Azure environment;
- Proficient user of at least one mainstream PM tool (e.g. MS Project, Basecamp, JIRA);
- Proficient user of cloud-based mailing, survey or web tools (e.g. dotmailer, MailChimp, Clicktools, Survey Monkey, Lime Survey, Word Press) an advantage;
- Proficient CRM user an advantage (ideally on Salesforce).
- 2-3 years’ project management experience (with a bias in digital projects) either as a project assistant on large projects or as PM on smaller projects.
- Experience of managing third parties, external partners and contractors in delivering digital projects;
- Experience of working on an app development project an advantage.
- Confident, self-motivated and proactive with the ability to use initiative and take responsibility for identifying and solving problems and engaging colleagues to deliver successful projects;
- Well organised with good planning skills; a logical, methodical thinker with a strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload;
- Flexible, adaptable and innovative with a positive approach to change;
- Possess tact, diplomacy and have the ability to communicate and act as an advocate at all levels both within an organisation and with external agencies and partners;
- Possess well-developed customer service skills to both internal and external customers (colleagues and clients);
- An interest in working in the charity sector an advantage;
- Excellent, collaborative team player and listener with good sense of humour.
Send CVs and covering letters to email@example.com by 1 December.